S5 Made in?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, Samsung's a Korean company as well - and while LG makes their phones in Korea, Samsung seems to manufacture them in China now, which isn't nice, I think.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Some clarification, the MotoX is assembled not made in the USA. The majority of components are "made in" Asia and Europe.

Samsung is made in South Korea, HTC is made in Taiwan, Motorola is made in the USA, Sony is made in Japan and LG is made in South Korea.

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is made in South Korea, HTC is made in Taiwan, Motorola is made in the USA, Sony is made in Japan and LG is made in South Korea.

Well those are definitely where the companies are from. Our s5's were manufactured in Vietnam. The boxes and packaging were printed in south Korea. LG manufactures many of their TVs and componants in Vietnam and the Phillippinnes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys I got my new S5 I live in canada vancouver and before putting the battery in I saw the sticker that said "made in china" not assembled NO. Its MADE IN CHINA. I called samsung gave them my IMEI number and model number SM-G900W and they said its authentic. I had an S4 which was made in korea assembled in china and when I was in europe they told me that my S4 is the low grade S4 and that made in vietnam is considered high grade. So I was wondering what is my S5 considered? Did I get shafted right now or is this a completely normal device sold in north america.

Posted via Android Central App

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a few ppl actually care where its made as long as it works and its smooth but i for one saw first hand difference between the chinese and Vietnamese maker of the camera at least on the s4 and it was earth to sky difference.

Posted via Android Central App