S5 black dialer?

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
well that sucks, the ones at best buy today had the darker dialer and I loved it =( I have been looking for the option to change it.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
well that sucks, the ones at best buy today had the darker dialer and I loved it =( I have been looking for the option to change it.

Yes! I went to buy the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass screen protector (amazing BTW) and messed with the floor model. Their versions have the black dialer!

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The tmobile and Verizon ones had a black dialer? That surprises me. I wonder if the messaging app is black as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Chevy_Guy05

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon S5 has a white dialer.

abuququs.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, am I the only one who prefers the white dialer?

To me it looks fresh and clean. It's an excellent dialer though. The layout is excellent. Much better than the dialer on the DNA.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling the ones at best buy were still the international version. I'm not 100% sure of this but I don't believe I've ever seen and actual carrier connected phone in a best buy. The labels next to them mean nothing.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling the ones at best buy were still the international version. I'm not 100% sure of this but I don't believe I've ever seen and actual carrier connected phone in a best buy. The labels next to them mean nothing.

They weren't connected and are running demo software. Once you stopped messing with it, a couple of min later it resets and a demo video plays. You might be right. There was no carrier branding that I remember seeing either.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Can see Samsung and carriers pay no attention to their customers, this has been a complaint with the note 3 also. But the carriers did pay attention to their customers on removing unlimited data since most used less data. Hope you see the sarcastic there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can see Samsung and carriers pay no attention to their customers, this has been a complaint with the note 3 also. But the carriers did pay attention to their customers on removing unlimited data since most used less data. Hope you see the sarcastic there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Of course I see the sarcasm.

Anyone who falls for the "less is more" illusion that carriers are pulling on us is so out of tune with how corporations work. I gave up my unlimited data so I could get an S5 and lessen the blow of my cellular plan. In that regard the Verizon Loyalty Plan is great but in no way would I have done it if I could have upgraded at a discount and kept unlimited data.

As for the dialier screen I am disappointed. I saw images showing it was black so when I went to play with it at Verizon I was not happy. Motorola uses the dark dialer but Samsung doesn't. :(

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro