Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange mobile network glitch?

I'miss not sure if this is a glitch or not. I "think" my signal is fine. WiFi always shows
    on, even if I'm not home. I always have a wifi turned on though, just don't always have a signal obviously. My mobile network signal has gaps in it where I would assume it always be green or tan or whatever. My phone seems fine, unless of course ppl are calling me and I'm not realizing it. Any ideas. Here is a pic.

Thanked by:

Default Re: Strange mobile network glitch?

Maybe a verizon thing, that your wifi symbol always shows? Odd. Maybe it's there to show you that it's within range or a network? Once I am away from Wifi (with it on all the time), it goes away but I do get notification that I am within range of a wifi network. Maybe another VZ user can chime in.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, it's like if I have wifi toggled to on, it's going to show up whether I'm actually connected or not. What I'm more curios/concerned about is the random apparent blank spaces in the mobile connectivity - even though my phone appears to be performing fine...I think.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Unplugged my phone an hour ago, have been using it on wifi the whole time, but WTF at mobile signal ??

IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2u70tb8.png[/IMG]
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Anyone....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Can't believe I have the rarest issue known to man going on in my phone, lulz.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

What is everyone's preferred network mode set to under mobile networks??
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I guess I have the rarest "problem" in the history of android devices.

Mine does the same exact thing.

I am on T-mobile. So far I havent seen any effects.

You?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtqjm8zuty...9-13-45-47.png

You're not alone. I have the same thing on my phone but have no idea what it means or why it happens. (both the wifi issue and the network gaps)

The panda has spoken
    the panda has spoken
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I still have the issue. I didn't think it was anything more than a glitch, but I may be wrong unfortunately. The other day, I'm sitting in my office, phone on my desk, and I get a random voicemail. Signal should have been fine. IDK., maybe I had no signal when the person called, then it came back on and I got the voice mail. Kind of disheartening.

*edit - I'm on Verizon. My Dad has an S5 too and his seems to do it as well.

I went to a Verizon store, and the employee had no idea what I was talking about, however had an S5. I asked to see his phone - his had the gaps in the bar as well.

THis is interesting.

So both Verizon and T-mobile phones confirmed have these gaps.

Any others with different carriers have this also?

At&t mine doesnt have gaps but its almost all gray bar with a few yellow and green lines, but havent had any issues

Today mine has been the worst yet. Almost no bar at all today

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0334zk7wwwk0azv/Capture.JPG

I am still able to receive and make calls fine though.

Has to be something with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Abbott View Post
    I still have the issue. I didn't think it was anything more than a glitch, but I may be wrong unfortunately. The other day, I'm sitting in my office, phone on my desk, and I get a random voicemail. Signal should have been fine. IDK., maybe I had no signal when the person called, then it came back on and I got the voice mail. Kind of disheartening.

*edit - I'm on Verizon. My Dad has an S5 too and his seems to do it as well.

I went to a Verizon store, and the employee had no idea what I was talking about, however had an S5. I asked to see his phone - his had the gaps in the bar as well.
    I have had a similar problem receiving calls when connected to a wifi. Had to turn 4g off. Still not got a fix for this
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Munns View Post
    I have had a similar problem receiving calls when connected to a wifi. Had to turn 4g off. Still not got a fix for this
    I ALWAYS have wifi toggled on, however at the time of the "missed call" i never got....I wasn't actually connected to wifi.

Sprint:

Strange mobile network glitch?-screenshot_2014-04-30-15-36-58.jpg