Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Android user ... how do I change focus after picture taken?

I have a Verizon phone if that makes a difference. I've taken pictures and want to play with the focus after a picture is taken but how do I do it?

Default Re: New Android user ... how do I change focus after picture taken?

I know that some apps and phones offer this functionality but I believe that technically this is impossible, You can blur other areas of an image but I am unsure how a still image could be refocused. Look in the edit app, there's an option to set the focus on a certain area of the photo. There is also the selective focus option in the camera itself.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    I know that some apps and phones offer this functionality but I believe that technically this is impossible, You can blur other areas of an image but I am unsure how a still image could be refocused. Look in the edit app, there's an option to set the focus on a certain area of the photo. There is also the selective focus option in the camera itself.
    Maybe it's the selective focus I'm thinking of, I'm coming from an iPhone so this is new to me. I'll see if I can find it again. Thanks!

No problem I think that other phones do have options for selecting the focus area after you have taken the photo, but as I say I think that these would usually just blur the area you hadn't selected in a pretty bokeh style.