Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default New Galaxy S5 user music app question

Hello all,

I am new to Galaxy S5 from iphone.

I am been using play music app for listen to music and downloaded new songs from Google play.

I have downloaded songs on to device I find the songs to load much faster on device.
    Can I have the songs save on sd card or must they stay on device?

Please advise

Default Re: New Galaxy S5 user music app question

How to enable SD card support for offline Google Play Music - CNET

I think this is what you are looking for. Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiuser View Post
    Hello all,

I am new to Galaxy S5 from iphone.

I am been using play music app for listen to music and downloaded new songs from Google play.

I have downloaded songs on to device I find the songs to load much faster on device.
    Can I have the songs save on sd card or must they stay on device?

Please advise
    I have found no difference in speed. With the limited storage on the S5 I find it best to use Android file Transfer to create folders for Music, Videos, Audiobooks, Ringtones, ETC. The camera app auto stores them there unless pictures are taken in burst mode. Most of the apps I use for the above you can set what folder the app reads from. As far as Google play it will read from the mini SD card but cant write to it unless it owns the folder. Not having to worry about what apps own what folder is a big advantage of using Android file Transfer as it will but whatever you what in any folder.

I am still experimenting with this and don't know much about it but I am going to try creating folders on the SD card with "My Files" file browser and see if it then owns the file and has permission to copy things to it. If it does I have no problem with the way 4.4* works with SD cards in fact using the SD card the way I am now I really don't have a problem.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Yes perfect! I just need to get a sd card and try it. But when I search for songs saved on device I can't find it. I checked in f older Android\data\com.google.android.music/files/music folder.

No files in this f older

Maybe it will show songs I have downloaded after I insert sd card?

Please advise