Not receiving picture in mms

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Having an issue with receiving pictures over MMS. Pictures come through just fine over SMS. Just curious if anyone else has this issue and a possible fix?1397941546984.jpg

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy S5

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's a problem for a lot of people who use Straight Talk and any AT&T mvno carriers. What carrier are you with?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Having an issue with receiving pictures over MMS.

And what is your issue with it?

Pictures come through just fine over SMS.

That would be remarkable, because 'SMS' = Short Message Service, a.k.a. 'Text Messaging', a.k.a. 'Texting', for mobile networks.
SMS does not send/receive pictures via mobile networks.
To remedy that shortcoming 'MMS' = Multimedia Messaging Service was conceived.
So if you're on mobile networks and you send or receive a picture (JPG), a video (MP4), or audio file (MP3) then that was an MMS message.
So if you're on WiFi and you send/receive a picture (JPG), a video (MP4), or audio file (MP3) then that can still be an MMS message (over the mobile network that you are also connected to), OR it can be sent/received via the internet. I.o.w. not via mobile networks, not as an MMS message. But as an 'IM' = Instant Message, a.k.a. a 'chat'. With which you can also send notes, remarks, pictures, video and audio to and fro in rapid fire and short bursts fashion, as many people do.

On the average smartphone the User Interface of SMS/MMS apps on one side and IM/chat apps on the other side look a lot alike when you handle them. They can easily be mixed up. But they are fundamentally not alike! SMS/MMS messages travel via mobile networks. Positive: they don't need WiFi to work. They make you really mobile. The intended recipient does not need to have the same app installed. Negative: mobile is the slowest and most expensive way for your messages/data/files to travel. That eats into your monthly dataplan. And it eats it up fast! Overage charges are usually obscenely expensive.
IM/chat messages travel over the internet. Positive: it's fast, it's free, and can be combined with VoIP and video calling. Negative: IM/chat messages require the intended recipient to have the same app installed.

So what app are you using for your picture messages that came through fine? And what kind of network did it come through?
And what app did you use for the picture(s) that didn't come through right? And was that on the same network?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I meant to say that I wasn't having problems with 1 person text chats. I had this problem today during this particular group text. After doing some research, I can't pinpoint if its an Apple thing, APN settings issue, or something else. The reason I say an Apple thing is because the pics were being sent from an iP5

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang