Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does your S5 get warm?

Im thinking about bringing this one back for that exact reason, it always seems to be the right back side of the ohone that gets really warm and Im not sure if its normal or not. Can others relate or give more input?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Mine gets warm if Im doing a lot with it and on cell connection. But it gets warm like all other phones I've had. If you push it the heat has to dissipate somewhere. If it is like hot to the touch I would say there is a problem but warm is not a problem. If it is constantly warm when not using it and your battery life is not great you may have an app that is out of control. A restart usually fixes that. Or find the app that is causing it and remove it and let the app developer know to save time for others.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Default re: Does your S5 get warm?

Mine gets warm if Im doing a lot with it and on cell connection. But it gets warm like all other phones I've had. If you push it the heat has to dissipate somewhere. If it is like hot to the touch I would say there is a problem but warm is not a problem. If it is constantly warm when not using it and your battery life is not great you may have an app that is out of control. A restart usually fixes that. Or find the app that is causing it and remove it and let the app developer know to save time for others.

When you're really pushing the phone I've noticed the heat too. And when really hot things slow down to a crawl of get entirely frozen. If you stop/shut down open apps with task manager and be sure to give the phone a few minutes everything works fine.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My phone is honestly almost never cold. but my battery life is really good. I think im just going to get an otterbox so i wont notice it as much. My ocd has been really bad lately.

sparker04 likes this.

Carrier
    Stock ICS

It has only felt warm twice during large downloads on WiFi. It doesn't get as warm as my last two phones (HTC One and Atrix 0G).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

I got my s5 two weeks back and recently I am seeing my screen getting hot. I can feel that hot by just touching on the screen. though I used the phone for just 5 mins playing game or checking email i can feel that hot. I think my phone is a bad piece. I might need to take it back to the service people. Mean while any suggestions that I need to look in to would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

On occasion it gets warm. Never hot

Does anyone's phones get warm when charging?
    PamelaMichel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker04 View Post
    Does anyone's phones get warm when charging?
    Yeah.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    sparker04 likes this.

Mine warms up sometimes, but not frequently and not usually enough that it bothers or concerns me.

For me when I use my phone to play games, yes it gets warm but doesn't get warm quickly. I'd probably say, playing games for 30 minutes I can feel it warm. Otherwise, my phone stays cool all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by trickym81 View Post
    Mine warms up sometimes, but not frequently and not usually enough that it bothers or concerns me.
    Pretty much. One or twice since I got it. Not worried.

Pro S5

Quote Originally Posted by jakeypride View Post
    Im thinking about bringing this one back for that exact reason, it always seems to be the right back side of the ohone that gets really warm and Im not sure if its normal or not. Can others relate or give more input?

That's where your battery is . If you are using your phone for searching ,downloading yup it's going to get warm . You can get apps in google play to monitor battery temps. Then you can get an idea when you are using the phone what causes it to get warm . If the phone gets warm/hot and you aren't really using it . It may be an app misbehaving . My Razr use to get hot when it was trying to download updates when I didn't have a good strong signal .If your phone gets hot there is a reason . Up to you to figure out why . Try an FDR and then slowly add apps back in until the phone has issues again .

Mines get so hot I can't use the flash on my phone, it say wait till device cool down

Mine gets a little warm if I'm doing something like playing a game on it, but not so much or so frequently that it's concerning. It quickly cools down afterward too.

i use the flashlight for less than 5 minutes and the phone becomes hot. looks like the LED takes alot of energy.

Something was up with my phone yesterday. I couldn't get it to STAY off and it was warm (the phone). I would turn it off and in few seconds, it would turn on (in my purse in a pocket by it's self, nothing pressing on it). I've noticed for a few days now just brushing something close to it will turn it on. Today I'm all over it and it won't turn on ...oops, it just turned on when I laid my hand across it perpendicular. Sometimes it will work, then it won't. Don't like this!

Turn off Air Gestures and Air View

I do not have any of those problems.

I also am using a Draw The Pattern Lockscreen.

The phone will not open up and do anything until I draw the pattern correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    Turn off Air Gestures and Air View

I do not have any of those problems.

I also am using a Draw The Pattern Lockscreen.

The phone will not open up and do anything until I draw the pattern correctly.
    AZ, aren't you one of those that have EVERYTHING but the power button OFF to squeak out every ounce of juice out of your battery? <g>
    I've got one of those Air apps on, maybe both, but the problem was only a problem yesterday. That's not a fair statement. I was out with it all day yesterday and today I don't think I've even seen my phone. I'll keep an eye on it. I hate those pattern lock pins!

My device heats up a little while I'm using it. More so when charging on the wireless.

Posted via Android Central App via a Samsung S5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does your S5 get warm?-screenshot_2014-06-13-11-50-28.jpg   Does your S5 get warm?-screenshot_2014-06-13-11-50-43.jpg  

Please let me know app to install for measuring these temps.
    Thanks

GSam Battery Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jakeypride View Post

My Samsung s5 gets really hot when it's on charge the screen is the worst I'm sure it's not ment to get as hot as it dose. Quite worried about it to be fair it's worse when it's on charge but I've heard stories about Samsung blowing up when on charge and being used. just hoping I'm being paranoid lol

I got my s5 the second week it came out. Last Friday( 6/27/14) night my phone got hot. It wasn't plugged up, it was on vibrate and where the phone lay on my bed that area was getting warmer. Then the phone kept cutting itself off and on I had no service. I couldn't open apps. Went to the Verizon store and they did a hard master reset and it never booted back up. My s5 was dead. But I got a replacement so far no problems.

I have had my phone a few months now and today was the first time I had problems with it getting hot... I was taking pictures and it said I couldnt use the flash or video due to it being too hot. I powered off and restarted but it said the same thing so I had to quit taking pictures for a while... I was kinda irritated with it... if I had been somewhere like a concert or something I would of been very upset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast