Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: If you don't use the TouchWiz stock launcher....

Nova launcher all day! How to I post a screenshot to this thread?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

I use next 3d laucher holo screen locker ( paid ) next notifications and cube icons 4 apex (paid). If you can't find a customizable set up with these then tw is for you. Low battery drain. Cubed icons on Play Store for free

Posted via Android Central App

Google Experience Launcher is awesome you have to get the apk file online though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Google Experience Launcher is awesome you have to get the apk file online though
    What about this article: A word of caution on using the Google Now Launcher on the Samsung Galaxy S5 | Android Central

Have you run into that issue?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    What all do I need to download and do to get sense 6 running on my S5 unrooted?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    I will be working on a full post on XDA under the Sprint Galaxy S5 forum to get Sense 6 Blinkfeed Launcher fully working. Currently through help from some other XDA members, I got the "feeds" to work along with weather & twitter. I know they are actively working on getting other social media working as well like facebook and instagram. I will detail in my pst and provide all the file links... but basically to get everything to work you need:
    1. To be rooted
    2. have a file explorer like root explorer that will allow for writing and deleting from root directories: system/priv-app & system/app in particular

It is pretty awesome with the black blinkfeed, working on my S5. I knew it was possible just took a little work

- - - Updated - - -

I will be working on a full post on XDA under the Sprint Galaxy S5 forum to get Sense 6 Blinkfeed Launcher fully working. Currently through help from some other XDA members, I got the "feeds" to work along with weather & twitter. I know they are actively working on getting other social media working as well like facebook and instagram. I will detail in my pst and provide all the file links... but basically to get everything to work you need:
    1. To be rooted
    2. have a file explorer like root explorer that will allow for writing and deleting from root directories: system/priv-app & system/app in particular

It is pretty awesome with the black blinkfeed, working on my S5. I knew it was possible just took a little work
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  
    Android4life

So do any of these launchers neutralize any of the S5 features so you can't use them? If so which ones?

Still uses the dialer/phone app, but I like Handscent for sms text, Neutron Music player for music, and Opera Browser for Internet. The settings will still be TW.

Posted via Android Central App

The only things you lose with a third party launcher are widgets (which you can get in the app store) and the ability to launch Google Voice Search from the home screen by saying OK Google. The rest of the Touchwiz bells and whistles including multi window aren't affected.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  
    Android4life

Hmm I kinda liked being able to just pick up my phone and say "Ok google".

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  
    Android4life

Where is the best place to download the Google Now Launcher (formally the Google Experience launcher people have mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Hmm I kinda liked being able to just pick up my phone and say "Ok google".
    I quite like that as well, and it's a shame Nova doesn't have access to it. However, it's not enough to get me to use the Touchwiz Launcher.

My workaround is to have a shortcut to Voice Search on my home screen. Also, long pressing the home key brings up Google Now, and then you can say OK Google.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    I quite like that as well, and it's a shame Nova doesn't have access to it. However, it's not enough to get me to use the Touchwiz Launcher.

My workaround is to have a shortcut to Voice Search on my home screen. Also, long pressing the home key brings up Google Now, and then you can say OK Google.
    Which is why I will probably try out the Google Now Launcher because I believe that function still works.

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Which is why I will probably try out the Google Now Launcher because I believe that function still works.
    It does, but I'd lose my 5 X 6 grid and swipe up functionality. It's not worth it when I can have a shortcut on my desktop.

Now, if it supported the function to wake up from the screen off (like the new Moto phones), then I'd be more likely to consider it. But I believe that requires hardware that the S5 doesn't have.

Nova Launcher Prime.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234