If you don't use the TouchWiz stock launcher....

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Still uses the dialer/phone app, but I like Handscent for sms text, Neutron Music player for music, and Opera Browser for Internet. The settings will still be TW.

Posted via Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The only things you lose with a third party launcher are widgets (which you can get in the app store) and the ability to launch Google Voice Search from the home screen by saying OK Google. The rest of the Touchwiz bells and whistles including multi window aren't affected.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I kinda liked being able to just pick up my phone and say "Ok google".

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Where is the best place to download the Google Now Launcher (formally the Google Experience launcher people have mentioned).

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I kinda liked being able to just pick up my phone and say "Ok google".

I quite like that as well, and it's a shame Nova doesn't have access to it. However, it's not enough to get me to use the Touchwiz Launcher.

My workaround is to have a shortcut to Voice Search on my home screen. Also, long pressing the home key brings up Google Now, and then you can say OK Google.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I quite like that as well, and it's a shame Nova doesn't have access to it. However, it's not enough to get me to use the Touchwiz Launcher.

My workaround is to have a shortcut to Voice Search on my home screen. Also, long pressing the home key brings up Google Now, and then you can say OK Google.

Which is why I will probably try out the Google Now Launcher because I believe that function still works.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Which is why I will probably try out the Google Now Launcher because I believe that function still works.
It does, but I'd lose my 5 X 6 grid and swipe up functionality. It's not worth it when I can have a shortcut on my desktop.

Now, if it supported the function to wake up from the screen off (like the new Moto phones), then I'd be more likely to consider it. But I believe that requires hardware that the S5 doesn't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12