Card Dav issues

Templar

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else is having difficulty using card dav (with iCloud in my case)? I have been using smoothsync on a GPE S4 and a Nexus 5 and all was fine. I picked up an ATT S5 and first issue was the play store says smoothsync is not compatible. I downloaded davdroid and carddav sync and both have the same issue. I set my account up and it appears to sync. If I try to open any contact it crashes. Both apps do the same thing.

I'd like to put my sim in this phone and use it as a daily driver, but not having my contacts kills that. I want/need to keep my contacts in iCloud (mac desktops and also use iPads) as google contacts doesn't work like I want them too.

Interestingly cal dav (smoothsync in my case) works well. So it is just related to contacts and card dav.
Anyone else seeing this?

Templar

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried it also and got the same issue. I only tried the free version. Did you try the free or paid version? I don't mind buying it if it works...

maybe it's something in my setup? I used contacts.icloud.com for server and login xxx@me.com and password. They all pull over fine, but I just cannot look at the contacts.

Templar

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone is interested. I also can confirm that the issue appears to be with any carddav account. I tried it with gmail also and it also crashes.

Next step is hard reset and start all over since OP says it is working on his.....

Alex Franco

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this problem on an AT&T Galaxy S5 syncing with iCloud contacts. The contacts sync to the phone, but once I try to open a synced contact, the Contacts application quits. I've tried both CardDav Sync (incompatible with S5 per Google Play) and ContactSync both of which reproduce the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary