Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Small gap

Does anyone else have a small gap between the edge of the glass and the bezel at the top of their phone? Doesn't seem very dust resistant.

Default Re: Small gap

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Eriksson View Post
    Does anyone else have a small gap between the edge of the glass and the bezel at the top of their phone? Doesn't seem very dust resistant.
    I checked. I do not.

I definitely have a gap on the bottom, it looks kinda like theres a tiny tiny tiny gap on the other 3 edges but I couldn't be sure. Definitely a small gap in the bottom however which has already collected dust. Is THIS something I should pursue a replacement for? I love this phone but there are like 3 things i've considered that could be faults in the week since I had it
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm going to take it back to where I bought it and ask them. I'll keep you posted.

If had the gap, you also must keep it from water.

Despite the gap It doesn't look like it would affect th waterproofing of the phone, I will look at another one in the shop today and if mine is too bad I will ask them about it and let you guys know
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts

could someone take a picture of the problem?

here are two, sorry bad quality but i think you can see the gap. It is about 1/4 of a millimetre or perhaps a bit bigger
    Galaxy S5: Small gap-snapshot_20140421_1.jpgGalaxy S5: Small gap-snapshot_20140421.jpg

Are you referring to where it's darker black inside and lighter black on the outer ring?

I would say thats the design of the phone. Not sure on a while GS5. The glass goes from top to bottom no gaps for me.

Nah there is a minimal gap between the plastic bezel and the glass of the screen most noticeably on the bottom. Does anyone think this actually matters or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    Nah there is a minimal gap between the plastic bezel and the glass of the screen most noticeably on the bottom. Does anyone think this actually matters or not?
    That would bother me if it was on mine. Has anyone else had the screen lift?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Well me and the guy who posted the thread makes two so i guess that's more than just one

I have emailed PHones 4 U and strongly suggested I should get a replacement, i am still within my 28 days and they usually reply really fast so hopefully tomorrow i'll get something back
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts

my note 2 and s3 had this issue, looks ok, but if it bothers you, get it swapped
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Galaxy S5: Small gap-screenshot_2014-04-21-21-14-48.pngHow do I post a photo?

Bryan that's what mine is like too but my gap is smaller, about half that size i'd say. On the bottom not the top. I have decided that I am never going to risk the water proofness and as I have just installed a glass screen protector (Which are AWESOME by the way)
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Ok cool, thanks!

I have a small gap on top and bottom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Hi all

I am taking mine back to the shop tomorrow and hopefully will receive a replacement. I looked at 4 different stores today and no devices had gaps. I was going to leave it but that was just because i'm lazy, but i am going to make sure I get a replacement now.

Hey Brian have you taken it back yet?

I got a replacement today. This one seems faster and the fingerprint scanner seems to work much better. Happy
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Ya they said it was normal but I don't believe them haha.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I might just call Samsung and see what they say.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Small gap

I went through 3 s5's. All of them had a small gap

-Sent from Tapatalk

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Small gap

Yeah mine had very small gaps but you really have to look closely to tell. My previous phones had gaps too I'm sure it's normal

Mine also has gap at top of the phone. About a paper width. It collects sand and dust but doesn't affect the water proofing, on mine at least.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast