Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sirmaru
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 SD card issues

Hi

New to Android after years with Apple and have a lovely new Galaxy S5 (16G model on EE in the UK)
    My issue is I have a Sandisk ultra 32G micro SDHC 1 card that the S5 will not recognise for love or money.Pretty sure its a class 10 card.
    my Windows 7 PC can see it and reformatting didn't fix it.
    There is no option to mount the card available and I even downloaded the Sandisk app and that can't see it either.
    I had a 16G Samsung card sat in a drawer so I tried it and the S5 failed to recognise that either (again it is micro SDHC)
    3 scenarios here:

1. The S5 doesn't like SDHC cards
    2. The S5 is broken
    3. I am a noob and I am doing something way off

Can anyone assist please as it is driving me mad (I hate it when tech gets the better of me!)

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Default Re: S5 SD card issues

Humm it should work with both of the cards you have listed. If I had two separate cards not work in mine I would prob have the place you bought it take a look and possible exchange. Sucks but I would not let that slide.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Bring up the My Files App on the S5 and see if you can see the SD. If not, you will have to take off the back and push it in harder. I had the same problem, called ATT Tech support and he had me do that. It turned out I did not have it pushed in enough. It takes some pressure to seat the card properly.
    atg284 likes this.

Hi new to the forum, ensure sd card is fitted correctly, then click settings, scroll down to system, the touch storage when opened that gives you the option at the bottom to format the card to android, this will erase all info on there so first back up the sd card to PC then format in s5 and then put all data back onto the card.

I have this same exact problem, S5 will no longer recognize the Sandisk 32gb sdhc class 10 card. It recognizes the 8gb kingston sdhc class 4 card I have though. I have about 6mo of pictures on that 32gb card. I'd really hate to lose that.

Also, when I plug the card into a reader through Windows 7; Windows 7 recognizes the card and contents for about 3 seconds then disappears. It's almost as though is safely uninstalls itself after 3 seconds. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by A M Hoo View Post
    I have this same exact problem, S5 will no longer recognize the Sandisk 32gb sdhc class 10 card. It recognizes the 8gb kingston sdhc class 4 card I have though. I have about 6mo of pictures on that 32gb card. I'd really hate to lose that.

Also, when I plug the card into a reader through Windows 7; Windows 7 recognizes the card and contents for about 3 seconds then disappears. It's almost as though is safely uninstalls itself after 3 seconds. Any help?
    Sounds a lot like you may have some corrupt files on your sd card. Check this link for some advise and possible solutions to correcting the problem. You may be able to salvage your files.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    Mic_Tech likes this.