Speaker phone cracks on high volume

K1netica

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys first post.

Do any of you other S5 owners experience cracking on the speakerphone while talking to somebody at high volume? It seems like listening to music or youtube through the speakerphone at high volume is just fine, but when making a voice call or skyping the speaker cracks when the volume is turned up. I'm really not impressed with the speaker in general, it seems like the speaker on my S3 was louder/clearer without any issues. The noise escaped the S3 speaker easily and clearly but on the S5 a lot of the noise ends up getting directed back into the phone and sounds muffled/dirty, I'm not sure if this is because of the speaker holes themselves or the holes in the back cover but the noise does not escape cleanly, it reverbs back into the phone so you can feel the back case cover vibrate with your fingers. I'm not an audiophile by any means but the speakerphone just sounds like pooh.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys first post.

Do any of you other S5 owners experience cracking on the speakerphone while talking to somebody at high volume? It seems like listening to music or youtube through the speakerphone at high volume is just fine, but when making a voice call or skyping the speaker cracks when the volume is turned up. I'm really not impressed with the speaker in general, it seems like the speaker on my S3 was louder/clearer without any issues. The noise escaped the S3 speaker easily and clearly but on the S5 a lot of the noise ends up getting directed back into the phone and sounds muffled/dirty, I'm not sure if this is because of the speaker holes themselves or the holes in the back cover but the noise does not escape cleanly, it reverbs back into the phone so you can feel the back case cover vibrate with your fingers. I'm not an audiophile by any means but the speakerphone just sounds like pooh.

I tried to replicate this and I am not experiencing it. I called T-Mobile CS and my friend full volume and I did not experience any distortion or cracks.

yomike007

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Ive got the same problem. Music sounds fine. It only sounds like crap during phone calls. I tried calling multiple people, all the same. I was going to exchange it for another, but wanted to see if this was a common issue first. I use speakerphone more than regular phone.

Sy Wainwright

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've only have this phone for 2 weeks with Verizon and when I use speaker phone my callers say it's not clear. They say I sound like I'm under water. Also I have experienced another problem with this phone. When I enter code to unlock on the first try my phone will black out and I can't get unlock screen to come back up for a couple of minutes.

anon175469

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Thread resurrection time...

I've had a few S5's - Verizon and T-Mobile - all had this issue. Music/media is fine, voice calls crackle and pop at high volumes. It's very weird...

Deborah Jones2

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had my s5 for about 3 days. I don't think it's the "carrier" I think it's the s5. When I put my speakerphone on my sister tells me I'm breaking up. I need to use my speakerphone!! Taking it back to the AT&T store to find out what gives and need be I'll give it back and get my htc fixed!! Not happy!!! Such a shame the speakerphone is screwed up on such a great OS.

call4repair

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
same issue on 2 s5's music and call. one phone is 1 day old so ... guess its just a crappy speaker.. they probably use different speakers from different manufacturers in the same model phone though so its likely a luck of the draw thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar