Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC to Samsung S5 SD Card won't tranfer.

I see tons of posts but haven't found the exact situation that solves my problem. Apologies if I've missed it.

All of my pics, ringtones, music, video, etc. from my old Razr Maxx is backed up on a Passport Drive on my PC (Dell XPS laptop if it matters). I'm now wanting to transfer these old files to the 32 gig SD card (card that was used on Razr Maxx but formatted on S5) on my new Samsung S5.

Dragging and dropping / copy / move/ etc. fails when trying to transfer "media", "images", etc. I get some sort of can't tranfer files error. Asked to skip or cancel. It's like it's write protected. Also, I am using the OE USB 3.0 cable.

Problem seems to be the same when transferring to the phone internal storage as well.

This was so easy with other phones. It was a simple drag and drop. What am I missing?

Huge thanks.
    Last edited by Pacific_Skipper; 04-21-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Default Re: PC to Samsung S5 SD Card won't tranfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacific_Skipper View Post
    I see tons of posts but haven't found the exact situation that solves my problem. Apologies if I've missed it.

All of my pics, ringtones, music, video, etc. from my old Razr Maxx is backed up on a Passport Drive on my PC (Dell XPS laptop if it matters). I'm now wanting to transfer these old files to the 32 gig SD card (card that was used on Razr Maxx but formatted on S5) on my new Samsung S5.

Dragging and dropping / copy / move/ etc. fails when trying to transfer "media", "images", etc. I get some sort of can't tranfer files error. Asked to skip or cancel. It's like it's write protected. Also, I am using the OE USB 3.0 cable.

Problem seems to be the same when transferring to the phone internal storage as well.

This was so easy with other phones. It was a simple drag and drop. What am I missing?

Huge thanks.
    The drag and drop is working fine for me. Is your S5 showing up as a media device in My Computer? Did your computer auto download the device driver software? Did you try doing that manually?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: PC to Samsung S5 SD Card won't tranfer.

Open the back cover and use more pressure to properly seat the SD card. Its easy to miss inserting it enough so the gold pins match the pins in the device.