Android System tanking my battery life! Time to return?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It can't be normal that Android System is at 26% and higher than my screen (on screen time of 3 1/2 hrs). Any help is appreciated.

Even after a factory reset. Five and a half THOUSAND wake locks, time to return I think?

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398106765139.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398106765139.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398106775379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398106775379.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 6yzuta9y.jpg
    6yzuta9y.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 95
  • gesa7yru.jpg
    gesa7yru.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Android System tanking my battery life!

ummmm 1 day 5 hours with 20% life left on a single charge and you see a problem? There is NOTHING wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

That means you haven't used the unit much in that time period. The screen is only used when you are actually using it.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

ummmm 1 day 5 hours with 20% life left on a single charge and you see a problem? There is NOTHING wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes bc I got these same stats with my GS4 so yes I do see a problem. And I was using my phone a moderate amount.

talyler

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

It's normal, here is mine right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-21-14-10-49_resized.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-14-10-49_resized.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 318

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

My battery life is about 7 hours while streaming movies on my phone continuously. How fast are we talking about that your battery is draining in real time not by what you think is happening based on what Android Battery Usage says is happening?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I ended up getting 1 day 10 hrs with 4 hrs 10 min of on screen time. Not thattt bad, but still not what I was expecting.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Five and a half THOUSAND wakelocks... this can't be normal.

Attachments

• gesa7yru.jpg
    gesa7yru.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 6yzuta9y.jpg
    6yzuta9y.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 90

Radnor

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Solution: Turn off Google's Location Reporting.

Settings > Connections > Location > Google Location Reporting > Location Reporting: Off for this device

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Solution: Turn off Google's Location Reporting.

Settings > Connections > Location > Google Location Reporting > Location Reporting: Off for this device

That's the first thing I do whenever I flash a ROM. So needless to say that's been done lol. Can someone else with a GS5 confirm that it's not only my device doing that and it is just KitKat? Just using GSam with it's "root companion" app gives you plenty of battery stats/info! I'd really appreciate it.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

That's the first thing I do whenever I flash a ROM. So needless to say that's been done lol. Can someone else with a GS5 confirm that it's not only my device doing that and it is just KitKat? Just using GSam with it's "root companion" app gives you plenty of battery stats/info! I'd really appreciate it.

I can tell you I returned one S5 and the next one is the same thing so there's that.

Posted via Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I can tell you I returned one S5 and the next one is the same thing so there's that.

Posted via Android Central App

There's nothing wrong with the devices, like I've mentioned before, since kit Kat my s4 began with this, before that, Screen was always sbowing 60 to 65 % , the same day of the update it began having the Android system at the top, I noticed some decrease on battery but it maybe related to other things that I never adjusted, now fast forwarding to s5, it came with kit Kat so there's no way on knowing how could it be with out it, but even like this, my screen on time are insane, for the past 3 days after making all my normal adjustments, I'm averaging 5.5 - 6 screen on hours, with lte, wifi and Bluetooth for my gear 2 neo all the time. Today, I'm almost at 7 hours of screen on time, and it was unplugged last night at 10pm.

If you want to see what I'm saying here, just download Gsam Battery app and you will see that it shows threw normal usage we all Galaxy Users were used to before kit kat, so I'm guessing that something changed with kit Kat that caused issue with the built in battery usage app on the galaxies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I ended up getting 1 day 10 hrs with 4 hrs 10 min of on screen time. Not thattt bad, but still not what I was expecting.

Not that bad? That is great life.

Honestly I have to ask.. What phone were you using before where you got better battery life? I am curious as to where your expectations are coming from.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a problem with your battery life at all.

I wonder if you never looked at those details in gsam if you'd think that there was a problem. :)

Sure, you can turn off location services and your battery life will probably get a little bit better. That should be expected since you're turning something off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Not that bad? That is great life.

Honestly I have to ask.. What phone were you using before where you got better battery life? I am curious as to where your expectations are coming from.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

S4

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

You people who think you have a problem that are getting over a day on a single charge are bat**** crazy! ITS NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

As I type this, I'm at 79% in almost 8 hrs, with just some browsing and email on my commute into the office this morning. With my S3, I'd be closer to 25% about now, and lucky to make it home at the end of the day without recharging. Normal or not, I'm not complaining.

I did have an issue the other day where the phone felt warm, and was using juice faster than normal. The battery screen only showed Android System and Android OS, no other apps (weird...). Put it on the OEM charger overnight and re-booted in the morning as soon as I took it off and it's been fine ever since. I'm assuming the OP is using the OEM USB 3.0 charging cable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid