Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 and Outlook Email

So I've got the phone and my desktop email syncing however I want the emails to stay on the phone until I decide to delete them. I'm using Outlook 2007 and my account is a POP3.
    Right now as soon as I update my desktop, the emails disappear from my S5. Can someone please tell me what settings on my phone I have to change to keep the emails on my phone?

Thanks.

Default Re: S5 and Outlook Email

Have you checked your desktop Outlook settings? Looks like they're set to delete off server once you've downloaded your emails. Suggest you set Outlook to leave the messages on the server for (say) 7 days.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I changed from a HTC One to the S5 and haven't touched any settings in Outlook, so I thought it would be settings in the phone. Emails didn't delete off the HTC One.

I'm having same issue after moving away from iphone so would really like to know answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul C Wilson View Post
    Have you checked your desktop Outlook settings? Looks like they're set to delete off server once you've downloaded your emails. Suggest you set Outlook to leave the messages on the server for (say) 7 days.
    Desktop MS Outlook settings control how long emails stay on the server, not on the phone.

and the phone refreshes against what's on the server hence the need to check your desktop Outlook settings.