Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

Default Re: Sell me on the s5 :)

Go with the M8. Samsung is a horrid company with awful customer support and worse quality control.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Marese73 View Post
    I'm most likely going for the S5 from an S3 but the big problem I have with the M8 is the storage. 16GB is nothing if I can't add an SD card.
    m8 has sd card...

HTC One M8: How To Insert a Micro SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    M8 has a micro sd slot and 32gb.
    We must get a different model over here. I'm on vodafone Ireland and the model is only 16GB with no micro sd card slot

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleJohnny View Post
    You won't go wrong with either one. Notice people who bash one phone or the other can't really come up with anything beyond nitpicking? That's because, unlike last year there is no clear winner here. Both phones will delight you. Pick the one the emphasizes your current needs best.
    This. Why not add the Sony XPERIA Z2, IMO you get the best of both S5 & M8.

I had the M8 but got the S5 because of the loose Volume Rockers. TBH, there's a few TouchWiz features I really love like the swipe the contact left/right.

I was on my roof deck listening to music and it started to rain and not one **** was given. It is indeed awesome.

It's going in a case anyways, unless you like a cracked screen and broken phone. That does not look attractive.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    This. Why not add the Sony XPERIA Z2, IMO you get the best of both S5 & M8.

I had the M8 but got the S5 because of the loose Volume Rockers. TBH, there's a few TouchWiz features I really love like the swipe the contact left/right.
    I would strongly consider the Z2 but I'm not a fan of Sony's software

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    jackoceanz and selena650 like this.

I get it Sony's isn't all that either and even though there are a few features I like, TouchWiz is my least favourite but thank God for Nova Launcher Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    TBH, there's a few TouchWiz features I really love like the swipe the contact left/right.
    My freakin favorite of TW!! Seriously, I don't know why Google doesn't implement it as standard with Android so every other manufacturer can......oh wait, I see.......nm.......lol!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    My freakin favorite of TW!! Seriously, I don't know why Google doesn't implement it as standard with Android so every other manufacturer can......oh wait, I see.......nm.......lol!
    I agree even though Samsung does have a few useless features, some of them hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by davew41 View Post
    Really you need this you can't watch a couple YouTube videos and make up your own mind? Let me guess mommy still dresses you in the morning to right?

Posted via Android Central App
    He is asking for our opinions... Real world opinions from day to day usage of the average Joe.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Cleaned up some posts. Please keep things civil.

Will never own a phone that is curved or rounded on the back. Cannot stand the phone rocking side to side when using flat on a table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

The m8 doesn't have to go in a case. If you shatter the screen within 6 months HTC will fix it for free. Sign. Me. Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Semenick View Post
    I'm stuck between the s5 and m8. I'm coming from a gs3. Please all positive aspects of the s5 here thanks!

I know the Note 3 isn't on your list but I've had both the S5 and the M8. The S5 was super laggy and slow to me and only 16 gb of internal memory that was also a deal breaker. The m8 was better then the S5 in my opinion but the camera wasn't up to my standards. But the deal breaker for me was the phone rocking back in forth on flat surfaces but the worse thing was holding the phone. It hurt my hand. So I got the Note 3. Let me tell you it's so much smoother the battery is amazing 32GB of internal memory. Great camera awesome video. All kinds of features for the camera I know it's 6 months older but I believe it's better then the 2. I'm coming from an iPhone which I was a user of that device for years. So to me the Note 3 is the best but the 2 your speaking of its a tough decision. I would suggest watching videos and research. But if I had to choose it would be the S5. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Black 3

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    I came from a Note 3 to the M8 (which I've already returned...getting a Z2) and the M8 was far better in daylight than the Note 3. I'm not sure how much improved the S5 is compared to the Note 3, but both use the same tech so I'm assuming it's roughly equivalent.

***Never mind, the people below me have your answer.

If it's worth anything, I played with an S5 at the store the other day and was blown away by how nice screen is. It's a shame it's wrapped in plastic however.

Posted via Android Central App
    Use of plastic to make the phone is not a reason to skip on GS5, not getting 32GB option IS the reason. I put every phone in a case as do many other users if not the nearly everyone. So a metal phone wrapped in a plastic case is mute.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I'm most likely going for the S5 from an S3 but the big problem I have with the M8 is the storage. 16GB is nothing if I can't add an SD card.
    Not sure if you realized but the M8 has 32GB + 128GB microSD slot and the S5 is ONLY in 16GB + 128GB microSD slot. We "may" see a 32GB GS5 in 1, 2, 3 months or never.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

We must get a different model over here. I'm on vodafone Ireland and the model is only 16GB with no micro sd card slot
    I just looked at the Vodafone Ireland site HTC One (M8) | Bill pay | Vodafone Ireland and the M8 is only a 16GB phone (that sucks) BUT it does have a 128GB microSD Slot. You may have thought it was a SIM slot or something else but its integrated into the side of the phone so its definitely there.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I just looked at the Vodafone Ireland site HTC One (M8) | Bill pay | Vodafone Ireland and the M8 is only a 16GB phone (that sucks) BUT it does have a 128GB microSD Slot. You may have thought it was a SIM slot or something else but its integrated into the side of the phone so its definitely there.
    Thanks I missed the SD card slot. The vodafone Ireland list of specs is hopeless! They dont give nearly enuf info!
    ibcop and NJMama like this.

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

I really don't give a rats #$$ what phone you end up with, go to the store and make up your own mind! There is no one here that lives the same life you do and in turn want the same things as you! Go hold them both and go with your own gut feeling! Either of these phones will serve you well!
    Now with that said I will make a couple points, keep in mind if you are going to keep this phone for the full 2 years of your contract, present Lithium Ion battery tech will be hard pressed to provide good battery life for your entire contact...look how many owners of 2 year old Iphones and HTC Ones with permanent batteries are complaining of terrible battery life! It's simple, charging 1-2 times per day for a couple years just kills a battery! A removable battery solves this!
    An aluminum case is nice to start out but take a look at a year old HTC One display model at any Best Buy and you will see the ratty scratched up mess it becomes! You may think that plastic is cheap, but I can guarantee you it will look better after a year of pocket dwelling with a set of keys! And if your going to put it in a case to protect it, what is the point of aluminum to begin with!?
    One last point...it has been stated that the GS5 is laggy, this really isn't true! Samsung adds delays in the transitions and scrolling that when easily disabled in Developer Options makes this phone as fast as any phone on the market!
    Again, get the phone that feels the best to you, has the features that you will use the most!
    And feel assured that you bought one of the two best phones presently available!

Cheers

But the M8 has a SD card slot. You just have to use the sim ejector I believe

Default Re: Sell me on the Galaxy S5 :)

I've used both and got the M8 for a couple of reasons.

The s5 call speaker sucked. For some reason people repeatedly told me that they couldn't hear me clearly, and that's a big issue since I spend a couple hours on the phone every day for business. I also sometimes had issues hearing my clients over the phone.

Sometimes the screen wouldn't turn on for 30 seconds after turning on phone. That is unacceptable for a $600 dollar phone.

The phone would randomly get really hot in my pocket. Still have no idea what caused this and not even a factory reset fixed this.

Touchwiz lagged and I don't mean slow animations but actual freezing while using the phone. That is unacceptable.

The m8 had none of those issues for me and that's why I chose the M8. I will say that I miss the daylight picture on the s5, but that night and low-light pictures to the m8.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12