Sell me on the Galaxy S5 :)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sell me on the s5 :)

You won't go wrong with either one. Notice people who bash one phone or the other can't really come up with anything beyond nitpicking? That's because, unlike last year there is no clear winner here. Both phones will delight you. Pick the one the emphasizes your current needs best.

Marese73

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm stuck between the s5 and m8. I'm coming from a gs3. Please all positive aspects of the s5 here:) thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I'm most likely going for the S5 from an S3 but the big problem I have with the M8 is the storage. 16GB is nothing if I can't add an SD card.

Marese73

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Just do it.

had some lag, I got rid of most with nova launcher, cache cleaner, and app manager so I am not gonna complain.

Hi there, my S3 is lagging very bad, I tried Nova launcher yesterday and that seemed to clear a lot of that up, what app manager and cache cleaner are you using?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

You won't go wrong with either one. Notice people who bash one phone or the other can't really come up with anything beyond nitpicking? That's because, unlike last year there is no clear winner here. Both phones will delight you. Pick the one the emphasizes your current needs best.

This. Why not add the Sony XPERIA Z2, IMO you get the best of both S5 & M8.

I had the M8 but got the S5 because of the loose Volume Rockers. TBH, there's a few TouchWiz features I really love like the swipe the contact left/right.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

I was on my roof deck listening to music and it started to rain and not one **** was given. It is indeed awesome.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

This. Why not add the Sony XPERIA Z2, IMO you get the best of both S5 & M8.

I had the M8 but got the S5 because of the loose Volume Rockers. TBH, there's a few TouchWiz features I really love like the swipe the contact left/right.

I would strongly consider the Z2 but I'm not a fan of Sony's software

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I get it Sony's isn't all that either and even though there are a few features I like, TouchWiz is my least favourite but thank God for Nova Launcher Prime! :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

TBH, there's a few TouchWiz features I really love like the swipe the contact left/right.

My freakin favorite of TW!! Seriously, I don't know why Google doesn't implement it as standard with Android so every other manufacturer can......oh wait, I see.......nm.......lol!

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

My freakin favorite of TW!! Seriously, I don't know why Google doesn't implement it as standard with Android so every other manufacturer can......oh wait, I see.......nm.......lol!

I agree:) even though Samsung does have a few useless features, some of them hit the nail on the head!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Really you need this you can't watch a couple YouTube videos and make up your own mind? Let me guess mommy still dresses you in the morning to right?

Posted via Android Central App

He is asking for our opinions... Real world opinions from day to day usage of the average Joe.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Will never own a phone that is curved or rounded on the back. Cannot stand the phone rocking side to side when using flat on a table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site

The m8 doesn't have to go in a case. If you shatter the screen within 6 months HTC will fix it for free. Sign. Me. Up.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm stuck between the s5 and m8. I'm coming from a gs3. Please all positive aspects of the s5 here:) thanks!

I know the Note 3 isn't on your list but I've had both the S5 and the M8. The S5 was super laggy and slow to me and only 16 gb of internal memory that was also a deal breaker. The m8 was better then the S5 in my opinion but the camera wasn't up to my standards. But the deal breaker for me was the phone rocking back in forth on flat surfaces but the worse thing was holding the phone. It hurt my hand. So I got the Note 3. Let me tell you it's so much smoother the battery is amazing 32GB of internal memory. Great camera awesome video. All kinds of features for the camera I know it's 6 months older but I believe it's better then the 2. I'm coming from an iPhone which I was a user of that device for years. So to me the Note 3 is the best but the 2 your speaking of its a tough decision. I would suggest watching videos and research. But if I had to choose it would be the S5. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Black 3