- 4 Posts
Weird WiFi Issue
I've had my galaxy s5 since launch and just a couple days ago started to have a weird wifi issue. Whenever my phone wifi is turned on and connected, my home wifi significantly slows down. The moment I turn my phone wifi off, the home wifi speeds up again. This is not a router issue as the same problem occurs at my girlfriend's house and my friends house. Any ideas?
- 05-22-2014, 12:47 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Weird WiFi Issue
I've been facing this exact same issue. The moment I connect to my WiFi at home, my internet slows down to a crawl, but as soon as I disable my S5 WiFi, it becomes all better. I've never had this issue with my S4. I just got my S5 yesterday and this all started happening. My phone isn't downloading because even if it was, my internet has never been this slow before.
Edit: After doing a bit of digging around, it's because of the Verizon Cloud. It was backing up all my videos which would max out my upload rate, thus slowing down my entire network. After disabling the cloud backup, I no longer have the slow wifi issue. Hope this helps
- 07-23-2014, 10:14 PM #3
- 07-24-2014, 01:42 AM #4
- 07-24-2014, 11:05 AM #5
- By gabe2gg in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2014, 03:44 AM
- By djxpress in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 04-22-2014, 07:57 AM
- By Raj 1 in forum T-Mobile LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2014, 07:47 AM
- By Ammar Ahmed in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 03:33 AM
- By Janny Free in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2014, 01:17 AM