Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird WiFi Issue

Hey all,

I've had my galaxy s5 since launch and just a couple days ago started to have a weird wifi issue. Whenever my phone wifi is turned on and connected, my home wifi significantly slows down. The moment I turn my phone wifi off, the home wifi speeds up again. This is not a router issue as the same problem occurs at my girlfriend's house and my friends house. Any ideas?

Default Re: Weird WiFi Issue

I've been facing this exact same issue. The moment I connect to my WiFi at home, my internet slows down to a crawl, but as soon as I disable my S5 WiFi, it becomes all better. I've never had this issue with my S4. I just got my S5 yesterday and this all started happening. My phone isn't downloading because even if it was, my internet has never been this slow before.

Edit: After doing a bit of digging around, it's because of the Verizon Cloud. It was backing up all my videos which would max out my upload rate, thus slowing down my entire network. After disabling the cloud backup, I no longer have the slow wifi issue. Hope this helps
    Last edited by MrTinkles; 05-22-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks so much for posting this. It has been driving me crazy for about two weeks and you solved my problem.
    This is great

Im having the same issue. Can you explain to me on how to disable the verizon cloud? Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

Go to Settings, Applications, Cloud Backup and Turn Off

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken