Connecting Galaxy S5 to Certain Bluetooth Devices

Marta3

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I just upgraded from S2 to S5 and realised that unlike my S2, the S5 doesn't find the devices I want to use like my car bluetooth handsfree or my Phillips bluetooth headset.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thank you

Marta

mistake330

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Went from iphone to android.. Thinking big mistake... Can anyone tell me why and what to do so I can listen to my music via USB port in my pioneer radio model DEH-7300BT... So frustrated !!!! PLEASE respond to my crys of help! Is there a setting I'm missing??? Do I need to get some kind of accessory.. Galaxy s5 phone

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Marta is there a setting in Bluetooth to correct this?
I have the s2. Maybe you have to click on visible for it to sync?
I don't have mine yet, or I would look. Hopefully I will get it Friday.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I discussed this in another thread. One must hold the S5 screen open when starting the car with Bluetooth on. Then one gets a permission question on the S5 and one must answer YES. If one just keeps the S5 in one's pocket, it will not work with the car.

Evidently, the S5 has that security question to prevent one's addresses from downloading into cars not owned by the user of the S5. My old dumb phone did not have that question and downloaded all addresses to any paired car system.

The question could be answered NO. Then if one has others driving one's car or has passengers in the car, the S5 owner could prevent that information from loading for that one trip.

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm able to pair my s5 to my vehicle (a 2014 Subaru), but the phone won't automatically connect when I get in the car. with my Note 3, it was instantanious-as soon as I started the car, a call would switch from the phone to the car. With the s5, I have to open the bluetooth settings every time I get in and re-connect them. Is there a setting I'm missing? Sometimes I forget to resync them, and then end up answering the phone with the phone, which eventually is going to get me pulled over by police :( Please HELP!

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the problem I have.

I just want to turn bluetooth on, get on my car and drive. I don't want to have to pair it manually every time.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I saw where someone recommended downloading Bluetooth autoconnect from the play store, and all the reviews of the app report it fixed the syncing problem. I have it downloaded and am going to try it when I get off work. Thought I'd put it out here just in case

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I saw where someone recommended downloading Bluetooth autoconnect from the play store, and all the reviews of the app report it fixed the syncing problem. I have it downloaded and am going to try it when I get off work. Thought I'd put it out here just in case

Cool.... I'll give that a go too!

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the problem I have.

I just want to turn bluetooth on, get on my car and drive. I don't want to have to pair it manually every time.

You shouldn't have to pair it everytime. If you pair it once and activate car mode, you should be just fine. Car mode is the small icon in the notification tray that looks like a steering wheel. Hope this helps.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
What does car mode do and where do I access it? Is it the same as drive mode?

Car mode is the newer kit kat version of drive mode. Swipe down the notification menu from the top with two fingers. Car mode will be listed with the other notifications. Once you tap car mode, it opens automatically and from there you can click the menu tab in car mode, go to settings and you can register a car bluetooth or bluetooth device. Hope that helps.

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't have to pair it everytime. If you pair it once and activate car mode, you should be just fine. Car mode is the small icon in the notification tray that looks like a steering wheel. Hope this helps.

So, you still have to activate the "car mode", or does it do it automatically?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem about half of the time. Half the time my phone connects automatically to my car Bluetooth without me having to do anything and half the time I have to switch phone Bluetooth off and then right back on for it to connect. I have to pay more attention to if any common trend for when it works vs. when it doesn't. (Going to check if my wifi signal at home is still connected since seems like Bluetooth doesn't automatically connect more when I'm leaving home vs. when I'm elsewhere in my car. Anybody else notice anything like this?)

casey steil

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Same thing for me, had a galaxy s2 that worked perfectly with my pioneer avic-940bt navigation system [ paid over $700.00 for ] could stream pandora no problems.. Now I just upgraded to a galaxy s5 and found out that it is not compatible!!! I'm not to happy.