S-View cover & glass screen protector

nanorris88

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, does anyone know if applying a glass screen protector will interfere with the functionality of the case (I plan on getting the Spigen magnetic clip in order to keep it closed)

Posted via Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, does anyone know if applying a glass screen protector will interfere with the functionality of the case (I plan on getting the Spigen magnetic clip in order to keep it closed)

Are you talking about a normal thin film screen protector and the s-view case ?

Then no, I would not even bother with the protector or the Spigen magnetic clip IMO

nanorris88

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I meant the s-view cover and a glass screen protector. I know those are thicker than regular screen protectors, and was just wondering if the s-view case wouldn't shut properly or have issues with the s-view functionality.

Thanks for the reply!

Oliver Telfor

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I meant the s-view cover and a glass screen protector. I know those are thicker than regular screen protectors, and was just wondering if the s-view case wouldn't shut properly or have issues with the s-view functionality.

Thanks for the reply!

You shouldn't have an issue. They'll be designed to just clip over the screen protector and if it is an issue I'm sure you could return it.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The cover actually stays closed for me without the clip. The only exception is if I fold the cover back for a little while but then I just lay the phone with the screen facing down for a bit and it's fine.

perovero

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm little skeptical about the protection it provides.. Thinking of buying something like UAG or obliq

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector for the reason that the S5 uses Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Of course that's a personal preference...to each their own.

123mexiconrad

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Sprint store said it was okay an read these reviews but after a couple hours I noticed that case is pushing the screen protector up on the sides and I hear a clicking Sound when I type near the edges. So the answer is NO. They cannot be used together.

123mexiconrad

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Sprint store said it was okay and read these reviews but after a couple hours I noticed that case is pushing the screen protector up on the sides and I hear a clicking Sound when I type near the edges. The case doesn close properly either. So the answer is NO. They cannot be used together. Plus features on outside front of case don't work with screen protector and pull down menu from top takes several attempts to open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2