Caller ID picture

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so... and agree it's not as nice as it was when it was bigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to make caller ID picture big and not blurry?
After setting up your Google account and syncing everything, go back into your settings and unsync contacts. You will now have to manually update the pics you want for the contacts you want pics for. Now that it doesn't sync, your images will be stored locally and not on the google servers. Therefore, your images will be as crystal clear as they were when you added them. Might sound like an inconvenience, but most of us don't have to add new contacts every day.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
but will they be full sized? this looks to me to be small on purpose...

Attachments

• 1398287939898.jpg
    1398287939898.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine is big when I call... I called myself and it looks like this... Also looks like this with anyone else I call... I have AT&T
uploadfromtaptalk1398290120735.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The image size depends on the original size of the image as far as I can tell. Those with higher resolution photos are large and those with small photos are the smaller with a bigger blur.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
that worked! though I can't easily find those photos I am attached to, lol. change is hard!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have nice, large caller ID photos too. T-Mobile. A few were transferred over my Google Contacts, a few others I changed via the actual phone

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Google contacts used to only support small contact images. For a while, syncing with an Android phone would only bring the low res versions to the phone.

Now it will support 720 X 720 images. I need to go back to my old contacts as well and attach higher res pictures as well.

Posted via Android Central App

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
What is happening is that your resynced or backed up contacts are restoring a thumbnail image of your picture. This is carrier independant. There is only one way to correct this. If you just go in and select a new picture for your contact, the size of the new picture on your contact will not change and will still be thumbnail sized. What you have to do is go into each contact you want to correct. Edit the contact. Pick their picture. Select "Remove" and then save it. Then go back in and re-edit the contact and select a picture again. Pick any picture and crop to the area you want and then save. Now it is fixed and the contact picture of that person comes up full screen when they call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma