Battery Drain by "Android System"!! please help!!!

comcoil

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
At first "Android System" was like 25% which was okay i guess, I still felt like the battery is not so good.... it drained fast...
But today with moderate use I got from 100% at 7:00 to 5% at 17:30! (and I charged for like 10 minutes with a 1A charger which didn't help a lot)
when I checked the battery stats, "android system" was 43%!!!!
Even when im not using the device I see that the battery goes down very fast! even though I clean the apps in the background a lot!
Maybe i turend on some setting that really drains the battery?
What can I do to fix this?
I have to mention that these stats are with power saving mode turned on!

This is such a disappointment... I hope it can be fixed cuz I expected a lot more from the phone's battery..
Also - I dont know if it helps, but the devices tends to get hot even when not using it...
and the screen is almost always on very low brightness

Attached are screen shots with the detais about "android system"

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Turn off Location Services and see if that helps. I had battery drain like that with GPS on; I was then able to change Location Services to WiFi/Network only and the battery life is much improved.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem... Except it isn't as exaggerated as yours. Thinking about returning it and getting another S5.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

shanekovac

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
SAME ISSUE....the first 3 days I got total usage of just over 24 hours....since then it has steadily declined every day where I am down to 15-16 hours of total usage a day at most. I have installed nothing new. I have shut down all location services, location reporting, turned off a gazillion bloatware apps, screen is auto brightness, etc....battery just keeps getting worse. I am 1:45 min into my day and it is already down 11% from sitting here, screen off.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain by "Android System"!! please help!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that. It seems like it might be some sort of software bug. If you do not want to factory reset your phone, you can try switching to the ART runtime in the developer options (which reconfigures the OS and all your apps). That might fix your problem and it might remain fixed if you switch back to Dalvik (to receive updates and such).

I did that already! On the first day I got the phone....

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that. It seems like it might be some sort of software bug. If you do not want to factory reset your phone, you can try switching to the ART runtime in the developer options (which reconfigures the OS and all your apps). That might fix your problem and it might remain fixed if you switch back to Dalvik (to receive updates and such).

Software issue for Samsung or Kitkat?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Don't know! Maybe just a glitch with this specific device caused by a misconfiguration of one of the apps that would be fixed by a reset or reconfiguration. My battery seems to be draining less quickly on standby in ART, but I do not know if that is just a placebo.

Software issue for Samsung or Kitkat?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

touch on the left bottom of the phone. It shows where you have been
Take your finger and slide them off the screen to the right and get them out of memory.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Turn off Location Services and see if that helps. I had battery drain like that with GPS on; I was then able to change Location Services to WiFi/Network only and the battery life is much improved.
I'm pretty sure this will fix your Android drain issue. Location services has been known to chew through battery like nobody's business.

JJM1975

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact issue. Turn off Location services. There has to be some bug. I had it only set to GPS and it still drained quickly.

Sliver22

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue a day I was using GPS, even after turning location off i wouldn't stop draining. Try restarting your phone, worked for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia