- 1 Posts
Samsung S5 and HomeSync Streaming
Recently bought the S5 and the HomeSync device. Found out after trying to install it that the HomeSync app (necessary to set up the HomeSync streaming device) is not compatible with the S5. Samsung support advised me on the phone that there is no patch currently available but probably would be at some unknown time in the future.
Anyone know how to set up the HomeSync streaming device without the phone, or whether you can sideload the software into the HomeSync device or sideload the app into the S5?
- 04-23-2014, 07:42 AM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: Samsung S5 and HomeSync Streaming
I am in the same boat (waiting for them to make the S5 compatible). I ended using my Note 10.1 to set up the initial connection. If you don't have another supported device, try hooking up a USB mouse and keyboard to it. Once you get in that way, you should also be able to pair a bluetooth mouse/keyboard if you wanted to go wireless.
Don't bother sideloading it. It will install fine, but when you open it, it won't proceed any further without requiring you to install "Samsung Link". That app crashes constantly on your device, you'll end up uninstalling it right away to make the error messages go away. If you uninstall it and HomeSync is still running in the background, the app works, but once it closes it will complain about "Samsung Link" not being installed again. In my opinion it is not worth it. Hopefully they give their new flagship some priority and fix this.
- 04-26-2014, 06:08 PM #3
- By joshy1980 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 32Last Post: 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM
- By MSP2 in forum Phone WarsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-25-2014, 02:51 AM
- By philosopherisdog in forum VerizonReplies: 4Last Post: 04-24-2014, 01:49 PM
- By robinhalverson in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
- By prit876 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 11:53 PM