Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S5 and HomeSync Streaming

Recently bought the S5 and the HomeSync device. Found out after trying to install it that the HomeSync app (necessary to set up the HomeSync streaming device) is not compatible with the S5. Samsung support advised me on the phone that there is no patch currently available but probably would be at some unknown time in the future.

Anyone know how to set up the HomeSync streaming device without the phone, or whether you can sideload the software into the HomeSync device or sideload the app into the S5?

Default Re: Samsung S5 and HomeSync Streaming

I am in the same boat (waiting for them to make the S5 compatible). I ended using my Note 10.1 to set up the initial connection. If you don't have another supported device, try hooking up a USB mouse and keyboard to it. Once you get in that way, you should also be able to pair a bluetooth mouse/keyboard if you wanted to go wireless.

Don't bother sideloading it. It will install fine, but when you open it, it won't proceed any further without requiring you to install "Samsung Link". That app crashes constantly on your device, you'll end up uninstalling it right away to make the error messages go away. If you uninstall it and HomeSync is still running in the background, the app works, but once it closes it will complain about "Samsung Link" not being installed again. In my opinion it is not worth it. Hopefully they give their new flagship some priority and fix this.

Default Re: Samsung S5 and HomeSync Streaming

They just upgraded Samsung Link to work for the S5. You should be able to install that from the store and sideload Homesync. It has been working fine for me now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk