Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 versus S4

Ok, I currently have an S3 on Vodafone Ireland. I am not due an upgrade until November but as my S3 as a few things wrong, cracked screen broken charging port etc vodafone have kindly said they will upgrade me to the S5 early for a charge of 170 Euro. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the S5 and now that its here I'm just not impressed really. apart from the screen and the faster processor and the upgrades which I've read about. I dont like the size, its too big, seriously like, its just too big. my phone is slow and lagging and I really need a new one but I cant help feeling the S4 would be great for me and I like its style much better and by the time I'm due another upgrade maybe the S6/7 will be out and will be packed with new features that I'll be dying for.....

I've never had the S4 so should I rush out and take the S5 as quick as possible or has anyone any opinions they'd like to share. I'm assuming that If I go for the S4 Vodafone will give me a cheaper price and since my contract will also be going up 10 euro a month its quite a hike over the year. I was soo disappointed when I upgraded to the S3 from S2, it was much slower and while I love the phone it has never been great performance wise (maybe I just got a dud) but I dont want to end up the same this time around.

thanks

Default Re: Galaxy S5 versus S4

Depends on how much you are saving between the S4 & S5. If its 100 or less of a difference, I would get the S5.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Galaxy S5 versus S4

If your biggest concern is screen size, I'd look at the Moto X rather than the GS4. I think performance wise, the Moto X just feels faster than the S4.

Thay said, to me, the screen makes the device and I'm not sure you can get better screen than the S5.

Also, don't count in the S6 or S7 being smaller than the S5. That's not the direction things are going. And my wife made the jump from the S3 to the S5, and it took her about 2 minutes to forget that it was bigger.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: