Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Has anyone else had the mm-qcamera-daemon battery drain issue?

Both my wife and I bought Galaxy S5s last week and her battery life has been horrible, having to charge it twice a day will little use. We looked at what was hogging the battery life and it was this mm-qcamera-daemon process. Has anyone else run into this with their S5? I googled this process and it seems to be an issue for some phones but I dont see anyone reporting issues with the S5. She doesnt have any weird apps installed (skype, yahoo messenger, Kik etc) so Im not sure what triggered it. Ill do a factory reset on her phone tonight and add apps back on one by one and see if anything triggers it. Any other advice?

Default Re: Has anyone else had the mm-qcamera-daemon battery drain issue?

Apparently you're not alone.

mm-qcamera-daemon

Which, in turn, brings up the issue of whether or not we should install a virus protection/malware program on our phones. As this seems to be a virus of sorts, perhaps this would be wise?

Just asking.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I'll look at the apps she has installed again tonight to see if anything would stand out for viruses. The only thing weird she has installed is that Zedge app for backgounds and ringtones, but I have that as well and don't have any issues. Otherwise, it's all normal stuff, no weird games or anything. She didn't even have facebook installed.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Just an update to this, did a factory reset to the phone last night and all seems well now. The mm-qcamera-daemon process hasn't appeared again and the battery drain overnight was minimal.