Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Connection Optimizer Crash

Hey guys,

Had my GS5 for about a week now and everything has been great, but yesterday it started getting an error. I'll be using the phone and get a little box that says "Sprint Connection Optimizer Updater Not Responding" or something to that effect. Anyone know the cause of this or how to disable it? It then throws the phone into a reboot cycle, but it will get stuck on the Sprint Spark screen and I have to rip the battery in order to get it to boot.

Default Re: Sprint Connection Optimizer Crash

Mine doesn't reboot, I can just back out of it, but I get that screen as well. I notice it when I'm on WiFi and I get a "data connection lost due to roaming" or some such message. I'm neither roaming nor have I lost data (on WiFi after all). I've checked settings and I do have my phone set up to roam for voice & data, so I just move on, nothing seems adversely affected.

Posted via Android Central App

Smartest thing you can do for yourself is disable the Sprint Connection Optimizer and manually optimize your own connection. That program is a joke and does not work as promised.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdman View Post
    Smartest thing you can do for yourself is disable the Sprint Connection Optimizer and manually optimize your own connection. That program is a joke and does not work as promised.
    Yeah, I thought I had it turned off so I wasn't sure why it was still attempting to do anything in the background? Any other way to completely disable it without root?
    Thanked by:
    Mst99 

I'm having the exact same issue. I've seen that popup about the Connection Optimizer Updater crashing and keep finding my phone stuck at Sprint Spark and have to force a reboot but hadn't connected the two. I don't see any way to disable connection optimizer updater. I did a force quit but the disable button is grayed out.

Also, you can push Power+Volume to force a reboot when stuck at that Sprint Spark screen.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by thelonghop View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. I've seen that popup about the Connection Optimizer Updater crashing and keep finding my phone stuck at Sprint Spark and have to force a reboot but hadn't connected the two. I don't see any way to disable connection optimizer updater. I did a force quit but the disable button is grayed out.

Also, you can push Power+Volume to force a reboot when stuck at that Sprint Spark screen.
    Good to know. I did a factory reset, went to developer and switched to ART and then back to DALVIK but it hasn't happened again. Not sure what the issue was.

I was about to ask. I've been using ART. You were using DALVIK when you originally had the issue?
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I was actually using ART when it happened, but its been okay after the factory reset/switch to ART to optimize/switch to DALVIK because it seems more stable.

Hmm, it might be an ART issue then.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

I'm on dalvik and have this issue as well.

where do you actually turn off that stupid app?

Settings, more networks, mobile networks. I'm on Sprint.

Buckeyes

Yes, just go in there and turn it off. Goodbye problems, it will never bother you again.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Clearo View Post
    Settings, more networks, mobile networks. I'm on Sprint.

After turning it off, does it randomly turn back on?

-Sent from Tapatalk

No.

dude mine is doing the same thing I was going to post that question but I don't need to mine is doing it over and over too. it will finally stop for a while then start agian like 15 times a day its pissing me off because sprint spark sucks enough as it is i settled with the constant 3g but i don't want to have mine phone freeze up because my carrier sucks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin musgrove View Post
    dude mine is doing the same thing I was going to post that question but I don't need to mine is doing it over and over too. it will finally stop for a while then start agian like 15 times a day its pissing me off because sprint spark sucks enough as it is i settled with the constant 3g but i don't want to have mine phone freeze up because my carrier sucks

I found my ph staying in 3G is a sprint/ smart spark issue. I know I'm in a LTE area but the "smart spark" is "finding the best" connection! My area is not "smart spark" ready so it'll change my settings to " samsung network" rather than sprint and there is no such thing! I'm not sure any carrier other than sprint is having this issue..