Exchanged one S5, second one almost bricked. Bad luck or what?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So I returned my first S5 within a few days as the Fingerprint Manager would not open, not after reboots, factory reset and 3 hours working with a tech. So, got the second S5, took it home and played with it and then wanted to listen to some music. Plugged in the earbuds and the screen went black, power button would not get the screen back, nor the other physical button, phone wasn't off, the back key light was flashing...tried in vain for 10 minutes , left it alone for 5, nothing....so I took the battery out and inserted back in, phone fine for rest of night, and here we are this morning.....I'll see what happens next, but damn you S5 lol.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I returned my first S5 within a few days as the Fingerprint Manager would not open, not after reboots, factory reset and 3 hours working with a tech. So, got the second S5, took it home and played with it and then wanted to listen to some music. Plugged in the earbuds and the screen went black, power button would not get the screen back, nor the other physical button, phone wasn't off, the back key light was flashing...tried in vain for 10 minutes , left it alone for 5, nothing....so I took the battery out and inserted back in, phone fine for rest of night, and here we are this morning.....I'll see what happens next, but damn you S5 lol.

It may be a defective one, I didn't get what you mean by: Here we are this morning.., is it doing the same? If not, I'd double check any app you may have installed, it maybe an app causing this, if you think of any app, then just uninstall it and see how it behaves, if not, sorry but yes, you have bad luck, just use your 14 days and return that one also.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not doing it this morning, I've seen enough in this forum to get an idea that some S5's have screen blackouts here and there. I haven't downloaded any new apps, they were transferred from my S3. Just going to keep my eye on it this week.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not doing it this morning, I've seen enough in this forum to get an idea that some S5's have screen blackouts here and there. I haven't downloaded any new apps, they were transferred from my S3. Just going to keep my eye on it this week.

That's exactly what I was thinking, maybe there is an app that doesn't like Kit Kat too much, it happens, so what I'm saying is that if it happens again, then try to think of an app that may cause this, most if the time apps installed outside the Play Store.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen again, good luck.