Ota on Sprint this morning

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, got a 41mb OTA this am (got the phone at launch). As I recall I got a day 1 ota at the store where I picked mine up...but the guy setting up my device took it...so no idea how big or what was in that one.

Can't see any real differences, but LTE signal seems stronger and its fixed the issue where it wouldn't flip back to LTE from 3g sometimes (which was annoying)

Base band version is now G900PVPU1AND2

Anyone else get an ota or is this maybe just a Sprint thing?

Posted via Android Central App

Brooke Gray

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, got a 41mb OTA this am (got the phone at launch). As I recall I got a day 1 ota at the store where I picked mine up...but the guy setting up my device took it...so no idea how big or what was in that one.

Can't see any real differences, but LTE signal seems stronger and its fixed the issue where it wouldn't flip back to LTE from 3g sometimes (which was annoying)

Base band version is now G900PVPU1AND2

Anyone else get an ota or is this maybe just a Sprint thing?

Afraid to check as I just rooted yesterday and I am sure that it will break it.

Brooke Gray

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Just found this on the Spring Community board:

Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - ND2

Enhancements/Fixes
Google search results are no longer included in the list when using S Finder
Fixed device responsiveness when using S View Cover
Enable camera capture during voice call
Fixed alarm failure when deleting alarm
Fixed email duplication, when moving an email from original folder to another folder the email should only be viewable in the moved to folder

Important Notes
- Software version is G900PVPU1AND2
- This update will be rolled out in batches.
- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update article in Support for install instruction

insanity8797#CB

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
"...but LTE signal seems stronger and its fixed the issue where it wouldn't flip back to LTE from 3g sometimes (which was annoying)"

I truly hope this is the case. After switching from my S4 to the S5 the day after launch, I was not pleasantly surprised to find my S5 switching to 3G far too often where my S4 had no issues whatsoever. I thought this might be Spark related. I am located in Houston and have had a hard time finding remarkable speed increases that I can truly attribute to Sprint's Spark deployment. I just finished installing the OTA and will comment on any improvements or lack thereof. Thank you for the heads up.

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
True test for me is when I get home. I live within 1 mile of a sprint tower and my phone will not lock on to this tower after leaving my wifi house.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
"...but LTE signal seems stronger and its fixed the issue where it wouldn't flip back to LTE from 3g sometimes (which was annoying)"

I truly hope this is the case. After switching from my S4 to the S5 the day after launch, I was not pleasantly surprised to find my S5 switching to 3G far too often where my S4 had no issues whatsoever. I thought this might be Spark related. I am located in Houston and have had a hard time finding remarkable speed increases that I can truly attribute to Sprint's Spark deployment. I just finished installing the OTA and will comment on any improvements or lack thereof. Thank you for the heads up.

Seems to be thus far. Thought it might be placebo, but in my office (N Atlanta):

On both a Nexus 5 and a Galaxy S5...I used to get like 1 bar of LTE (and 3mb/sec connection sitting at my desk...). Now when I would walk outside...I'd get way better signal and hit 20-30mbsec.

On the S5 pre OTA...I could only hit 3g...and when I'd walk outside...I'd have to flip airplane mode to connect to LTE (where I'd be running really fast.

Post OTA...I'm back to 2 bars of LTE inside (and about 9mb/sec actually) when I walk outside..I connect to LTE automatically again and am still going 20/30mb/sec!

Will test more later.. Airport trip and travel. Could still just be my local towers so let's test this out and see what we see!

Last edited:

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay at Hartsfield now...no connectivity issues driving across Atlanta ...couple of normal drops to 3g but the second LTE was available again...handoff occurred and was back to the faster connection! Network connectivity issues resolved as far as I can tell!

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
That's good news! I will test mine out when I get home tonight. I have to return either the S5 or M8 can't keep both of them.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted on my sprint s5 with custom recovery. So how do I update to nd2?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not sure, but Ota is out for sure. Knox is tripped and no Ota. Kies or a zip from xda?
Rooted guys went back to stock, no dice on the Ota update

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Afraid to check as I just rooted yesterday and I am sure that it will break it.

Usually you can check still and it will ask if you want to download but... The new phones usually won't allow it anyway. Hence why I try to update my Note 3 it doesn't even tell me if one is available.. It just says software updates aren't allowed (see below). :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1398278319184.jpg
    1398278319184.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 27

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait for a flashable pre rooted zip. With my s3, that's what I always did. I don't like to go back to stock and then need to redo everything again. So if anyone hears anything of one, please let us know.

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Updated during my lunch break and it appears the LTE issue is fixed. In my office I was getting LTE on my S4, but could hardly get it on the S5 (one bar if that), now after the update, it's staying on LTE, with full bars when on band 26.

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
My issue is still there. While at home i'm on wifi no problem there. I drove out went right by the tower phone stayed on 3g until I turned the airplane mode on and then off. I then had LTE. My HTC M8 though switched without hesitation.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait for a flashable pre rooted zip. With my s3, that's what I always did. I don't like to go back to stock and then need to redo everything again. So if anyone hears anything of one, please let us know.

My understanding is you can not go back to stock and accept the Ota update. Knox is tripped and it will not update.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My issue is still there. While at home i'm on wifi no problem there. I drove out went right by the tower phone stayed on 3g until I turned the airplane mode on and then off. I then had LTE. My HTC M8 though switched without hesitation.

Have you updated your profile and prl?