Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not the end of the world, but is there a way to disable that message that pops up every time you unplug the phone?

Rev.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
After a few times, it gives the option to disable the notification. Not sure how long, but it's there for the flap and for the back

KDLaw

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I have new S5, bought about a month ago. I was also getting this message every time I unplugged the phone. As of yesterday, however, I'm now getting the message every 3 seconds while charging the phone. If I shut the phone down to charge it, it goes away. But charging while turned on, the message is constant. And the charging seems to take a lot longer.

Any idea what's going on?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the box it offers "do not show again" several weeks ago and it has not come back.
That is, until I restarted the phone for some reason.

It is simple though to just click that box and it is gone until the next restart.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just checked the box it offers "do not show again" several weeks ago and it has not come back.
That is, until I restarted the phone for some reason.

It is simple though to just click that box and it is gone until the next restart.

Unfortunately you don't get the check box to not show it again on the AT&T model...

omgheather

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have new S5, bought about a month ago. I was also getting this message every time I unplugged the phone. As of yesterday, however, I'm now getting the message every 3 seconds while charging the phone. If I shut the phone down to charge it, it goes away. But charging while turned on, the message is constant. And the charging seems to take a lot longer.

Any idea what's going on?

I have an AT&T S5 and all of a sudden had the exact same issue as you. It was so frustrating as it would pop up constantly and then the charging took twice as long. Last night I went to plug it in and it wasn't charging at all. I looked at the USB end (into the charging port plug in box part) thinking it was loose when I realized it was inserted into the amazon fire charge port. (my kids switched it by accident) I removed it and put it into the Samsung charging port and I didn't get any more messages despite still charging and it charged quickly like it used to.

I hope this helps.

TheJacksonian

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
You can root your phone, and get rid of those messages. I've done it and it works great.

I can't yet post links.... but if you head to http: gs5 dot wonderhowto dot com and look for disable annoying water damage popup reminders, you should be able to find a pretty easy step by step to do it.

good luck

vishooter

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I have an AT&T S5 and all of a sudden had the exact same issue as you. It was so frustrating as it would pop up constantly and then the charging took twice as long. Last night I went to plug it in and it wasn't charging at all. I looked at the USB end (into the charging port plug in box part) thinking it was loose when I realized it was inserted into the amazon fire charge port. (my kids switched it by accident) I removed it and put it into the Samsung charging port and I didn't get any more messages despite still charging and it charged quickly like it used to.

I hope this helps.

I can no earthly way to turn that cursed thing off any help would be appreciated.

Everytime it pops up my text input seen drops.

Thanks

kytcoug

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Having same issue. ATT GS5 and the "check charging cover" message is the most annoying thing, daily interruptions as I need to use phone while plugged into charger to save battery life. I don't wanna root my phone to solve this, I'm tech savvy enough to do this, but just don't have the time or care to go through with the process. Any quick fix to this most stupid thing ever?

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
Is there any to permanantly remove this stupid ERRONEOUS message about connect charging cover?

Yes. It is down to a process

/system/app/PopupReceiver_M/PopupReceiver_M.apk

That process listens in for 'important' system events, such as end-of-charging, boot-finished etc and shows a 'helpful' popup to say so.

The AT+T version and the EE UK version don't have the 'do not show again' checkbox, so you have to remove that .apk file above (or preferably rename it to PopupReceiver_M.apk.bak).

You can easily do that if your phone is rooted.

If you don't want to root your phone, you can do it by booting into TWRP, using the 'mount' option to mount the /system directory read-write, and then using 'Advanced' and 'FileManager' to remove/rename that file. Reboot the phone and all will be well; the messages will be gone.

I say 'booting into TWRP'. I can't give step-by-step instructions for this, as I don't know your experience level, and what you have already installed.

As the phone doesn't get rooted, AndroidPay etc still work and SafetyNet doesn't get compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.