Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KDLaw
  • 2 Post By AZgl1500
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

Not the end of the world, but is there a way to disable that message that pops up every time you unplug the phone?

Rev.

Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

After a few times, it gives the option to disable the notification. Not sure how long, but it's there for the flap and for the back

Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

I have new S5, bought about a month ago. I was also getting this message every time I unplugged the phone. As of yesterday, however, I'm now getting the message every 3 seconds while charging the phone. If I shut the phone down to charge it, it goes away. But charging while turned on, the message is constant. And the charging seems to take a lot longer.

Any idea what's going on?
    NanGD likes this.

I just checked the box it offers "do not show again" several weeks ago and it has not come back.
    That is, until I restarted the phone for some reason.

It is simple though to just click that box and it is gone until the next restart.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    I just checked the box it offers "do not show again" several weeks ago and it has not come back.
    That is, until I restarted the phone for some reason.

It is simple though to just click that box and it is gone until the next restart.
    Unfortunately you don't get the check box to not show it again on the AT&T model...

God Bless AT&T for messing things up.
    Greg C and joe watson1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KDLaw View Post
    I have new S5, bought about a month ago. I was also getting this message every time I unplugged the phone. As of yesterday, however, I'm now getting the message every 3 seconds while charging the phone. If I shut the phone down to charge it, it goes away. But charging while turned on, the message is constant. And the charging seems to take a lot longer.

Any idea what's going on?
    I have an AT&T S5 and all of a sudden had the exact same issue as you. It was so frustrating as it would pop up constantly and then the charging took twice as long. Last night I went to plug it in and it wasn't charging at all. I looked at the USB end (into the charging port plug in box part) thinking it was loose when I realized it was inserted into the amazon fire charge port. (my kids switched it by accident) I removed it and put it into the Samsung charging port and I didn't get any more messages despite still charging and it charged quickly like it used to.

I hope this helps.

You can root your phone, and get rid of those messages. I've done it and it works great.

I can't yet post links.... but if you head to http: gs5 dot wonderhowto dot com and look for disable annoying water damage popup reminders, you should be able to find a pretty easy step by step to do it.

good luck

My charger cover broke off and I still get the message even though the cover is gone.

Posted via Android Central App