Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KDLaw
  • 2 Post By AZgl1500
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    Not the end of the world, but is there a way to disable that message that pops up every time you unplug the phone?


    Rev.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    After a few times, it gives the option to disable the notification. Not sure how long, but it's there for the flap and for the back
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    I have new S5, bought about a month ago. I was also getting this message every time I unplugged the phone. As of yesterday, however, I'm now getting the message every 3 seconds while charging the phone. If I shut the phone down to charge it, it goes away. But charging while turned on, the message is constant. And the charging seems to take a lot longer.

    Any idea what's going on?
    NanGD likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    I just checked the box it offers "do not show again" several weeks ago and it has not come back.
    That is, until I restarted the phone for some reason.

    It is simple though to just click that box and it is gone until the next restart.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    I just checked the box it offers "do not show again" several weeks ago and it has not come back.
    That is, until I restarted the phone for some reason.

    It is simple though to just click that box and it is gone until the next restart.
    Unfortunately you don't get the check box to not show it again on the AT&T model...
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    God Bless AT&T for messing things up.
    Greg C and joe watson1 like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    Quote Originally Posted by KDLaw View Post
    I have new S5, bought about a month ago. I was also getting this message every time I unplugged the phone. As of yesterday, however, I'm now getting the message every 3 seconds while charging the phone. If I shut the phone down to charge it, it goes away. But charging while turned on, the message is constant. And the charging seems to take a lot longer.

    Any idea what's going on?
    I have an AT&T S5 and all of a sudden had the exact same issue as you. It was so frustrating as it would pop up constantly and then the charging took twice as long. Last night I went to plug it in and it wasn't charging at all. I looked at the USB end (into the charging port plug in box part) thinking it was loose when I realized it was inserted into the amazon fire charge port. (my kids switched it by accident) I removed it and put it into the Samsung charging port and I didn't get any more messages despite still charging and it charged quickly like it used to.

    I hope this helps.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    You can root your phone, and get rid of those messages. I've done it and it works great.

    I can't yet post links.... but if you head to http: gs5 dot wonderhowto dot com and look for disable annoying water damage popup reminders, you should be able to find a pretty easy step by step to do it.

    good luck
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    My charger cover broke off and I still get the message even though the cover is gone.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    Quote Originally Posted by omgheather View Post
    I have an AT&T S5 and all of a sudden had the exact same issue as you. It was so frustrating as it would pop up constantly and then the charging took twice as long. Last night I went to plug it in and it wasn't charging at all. I looked at the USB end (into the charging port plug in box part) thinking it was loose when I realized it was inserted into the amazon fire charge port. (my kids switched it by accident) I removed it and put it into the Samsung charging port and I didn't get any more messages despite still charging and it charged quickly like it used to.

    I hope this helps.

    I can no earthly way to turn that cursed thing off any help would be appreciated.

    Everytime it pops up my text input seen drops.

    Thanks
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    Having same issue. ATT GS5 and the "check charging cover" message is the most annoying thing, daily interruptions as I need to use phone while plugged into charger to save battery life. I don't wanna root my phone to solve this, I'm tech savvy enough to do this, but just don't have the time or care to go through with the process. Any quick fix to this most stupid thing ever?
  12. #12  
    ironass's Avatar

    Posts
    3,455 Posts
    Carrier
    OnePlus 3 Beta, Nougat

    Default Re: Any way to turn off "Check Charging Cover" message after unplugging from charging?

    Luckily, AT&T have removed the worry of whether to root their model of Galaxy S5, G900A, or not... since they have made it unrootable. See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Similar Threads

  1. Aspect Ratio removed after Kit-Kat : (
    By KeepItReal in forum LG G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
  3. HELP PLEASE! Galaxy s4 turned off during an update and is now dead.
    By James Hamilton5 in forum Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 01:20 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions