Getting about a 2% battery loss per hour. Is this pretty much what you guys are getting?

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting like 5% per hour maybe more, but texting, Facebook, and apps that require a heavy use if data to obtain pictures like Instagram and Tumblr.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The USB 3.0 blows all other charging systems away if it does need a bit of a boost. Used it for 15 minutes last night and got 20% or so boost. Of course, it's a new phone...new battery....lol....I think my S3 was equally as good at holding a charge...until the last 6 months or so.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The USB 3.0 blows all other charging systems away if it does need a bit of a boost. Used it for 15 minutes last night and got 20% or so boost. Of course, it's a new phone...new battery....lol....I think my S3 was equally as good at holding a charge...until the last 6 months or so.

How do I enable USB 3.0 mode? My hone takes like 2 hrs to charge fully!

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
European and some american models don't come with the usb 3.0. HOwever I am surprised to see people moaning about two hour charging times? Two hours seems like a very reasonable amount of time to expect a 2800mah battery to charge

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Multiply the percentage of screen time by the total time since the last charge to get the screen time used between charges. My results so far:
Battery at 23% = 7:44 Screen Time
Battery at 41% = 5:05 Screen Time
Battery at 18% = 16:40 Screen Time
Battery at 14% = 14:37 Screen Time (I was using the phone radio in a restaurant and used a lot of 4G)

From the 18% level it took me 1:47 to get to 100%.

My Kindle Fire HDX with a 7 amp fast charger takes 4 hours to go from 15% to 100%. Thus, the S5 is charging at DOUBLE the rate of the HDX fast charger.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The S5 and the Note seems to be the fastest charging phones. What I am curious is how well the battery will last during a full day. Looks like one can get up and go to work and come home with 50 plus %. Not shabby

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Leave Ultra Power Saving on at night and one can go two full days of heavy use before charging. That UPS mode is not available on any devices but the Galaxy S5. Plus, one can make and receive calls and messages with it ON.

If one leaves it on 24/7, the screen states the battery will last 12.5 DAYS. I haven't tested that yet. It records battery time remaining in days on the Home Screen when in UPS mode. I don't know of any other battery fueled device which can last 12.5 days of heavy usage.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
2% per hour is pretty good.

I'm getting 3-4%. I came from a S3 with a 3000mah extended battery. On that phone, I would get 2%/hour.

mnuttall87

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys getting 2% during heavy use? I feel like I'm using up about 10% an hour or so....I'm obviously doing something wrong. This is after a factory reboot on the device as well.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys getting 2% during heavy use? I feel like I'm using up about 10% an hour or so....I'm obviously doing something wrong. This is after a factory reboot on the device as well.

It depends on your data use. Using 4G all day with constant internet use and downloading will not do as well as just making one or 2 calls and using the onboard apps to read eBooks and play games.

In 8 days I've only used 78 Mb of data and have a 2 Gb data plan. You can get accurate data usage from your carrier site.

What is your data use?

Jasburyy

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm very dissatisfied with the S5 battery. On my S3, I used to have the change the battery every day. I was hoping for better performance with this phone, but really no different. Even with power save enabled. Most of the drain is Android OS and Android system.
I went so far this time as to buy an Anker 13000 mh battery pack. At least now I can get through the day.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine as well. It should not take 2 hours to charge.

So how do I put it in USB 3.0 mode though?! Or is the cord all I need... hmm, weird! So mine should be charging way faster regardless if I have the USB 3.0 cord right? I shouldn't have to do anything special (a setting I'm missing somewhere)?

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My battery drain is awesome. Unplugged at 7am, sitting here 15 hours later after medium-heavy usage on 47%

Getting more from this than I did with my 3000mah extended Galaxy S3 battery!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs