Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will FoxFi work if I root the Galaxy S5 with KitKat?

will FoxFix work if I root the Galaxy S5 with KitKat?

or is the problem with KitKat itself?

Default Re: will FoxFi work if I root the Galaxy S5 with KitKat?

The problem more likely that your trying to defraud your carrier. Just pay for it then you don't need root or FoxFi.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The problem more likely that your trying to defraud your carrier. Just pay for it then you don't need root or FoxFi.
    That was NOT helpful in answering the question posed.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear8 View Post
    That was NOT helpful in answering the question posed.
    Well sorry we don't assist in fraud. If you get help the thread will most likely get deleted.

How is asking for help with bluetooth tethering fraud? It's implemented into the device and advertised as usable. The fact that you're posting on Android Forums probably suggests that you have a rooted device, did you know this is considered fraud as it voids warranty and contractual agreement with your carrier?

In response to the question. Install the PDANET app on your galaxy gear via sideload. (Check XDA and Google for more info on this). Install foxfi on your device (Pay for the full version, it's well worth their efforts). Pair the 2 via FoxFi. Simple as that!

If you do root your phone, you can install the xposed framework along with the X tether module. The result will be hotspot functionality without being nagged to set up a hotspot account with your carrier. You just turn on hotspot in the "more networks" menu.

Do be aware though that the xposed framework seems to bog down the "S health" app according to reports. If you use that function a lot on your phone there are some work-arounds that you can read up on over on XDA-developers.

-Suntan