Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you have a preference for S5 phone color?

And if so, do you put it in a case? When I went to the Sprint store they told me black was all the rage for the S5......but most people put their phone in a case. My case is clear and I got the black one, my preference, but just curious. I thought the S3 color of choice was white.....just wondered what drives this.

Default Re: Do you have a preference for S5 phone color?

I really like the blue and I never use cases anymore but that's just me

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I wanted the Blue actually but it's not available up here.

As for cases it depends on the phone. Samsung, I don't bother even at work but hTc One M8 & Apple, I will only use it when I'm at work (factory).

What percentage of smartphone users use a case? I think 80% or more.

So the color hardly matters. Same thing for metal vs. plastic. If 80% of people cover them up, then it hardly matters.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I wouldn't even think about not using a case. My case is the UAG clear case that still shows off the black but the only color that would turn me off a bit is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    I wouldn't even think about not using a case. My case is the UAG clear case that still shows off the black but the only color that would turn me off a bit is gold.
    Can you post a picture of your phone in that case from the back? I was contemplating getting the same case, but would like to see it on a phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I really wanted the gold one sigh...At some point in time I probably will get it. I have always believed in cases. Therefore I bought one for my white gs5. However i'm really enjoying the phone's design and cant help but keep touching the back cover. I think its great, so I've not been using the case.

I was surprised to find that the black was the more popular color. I went for the white. Case or no case, you still see the front of the phone.

I would have loved to get a red one but I got the black. Black and red are my favorite colors. Case has to either be black or red as well.

Posted via Android Central App

I wanted the white one but after searching for the phone for 5 days, I settled for the black one just today. I switched from the iPhone 5s and am loving this GS5 so far. Bit of a learning curve from the iPhone but I'm getting the hang of it

Not a fan of white phones, but the white version has a very slick feeling back that's totally different from the grippy back on the black version.

Was planning on getting the white S5 for the longest time and when it was time to get my new S5 I went with the black phone.

kinda. it's always in a case, so it doesn't matter "that" much. but I like white and the front is white so that counts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    And if so, do you put it in a case? When I went to the Sprint store they told me black was all the rage for the S5......but most people put their phone in a case. My case is clear and I got the black one, my preference, but just curious. I thought the S3 color of choice was white.....just wondered what drives this.
    Yeah, the OEM blue that Samsung showed off and has failed to deliver.