Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By walhalla
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whoa! $99 Samsung S5 until 4/26 at Target

Hey folks, since I missed the initial $99 offers when the S5 was introduced last week at Amazon, Costco, etc, I thought I was screwed. I figured out Target, however, has a $99 deal ongoing and until 4/26. Here's the link: Samsung Galaxy S5 at Target B-DVM|C:CMS&intc=1641052|null

This requires a 2 year contract and trading in your current phone. Verizon and Sprint at least-- and possibly AT&T.

I walked out with $99 S5 an hour ago. Perfect!

I hope this is the right spot to post this and helps those who, like me, pulled the trigger too late to purchase the S5.

Thanks!

Default Re: Whoa! $99 Samsung S5 until 4/26 at Target

Is that on contract

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

But you have to trade in your old phone. I like to keep my old phone in case the new one breaks after a year or so.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, on contract.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Correct. However, I was happy to trade in my old Galaxy Nexus for the instant $100 credit.

and to think I just paid $599.99 plus tax from Verizon

Depending on the phone you're trading in, that may not be the best deal. I traded in my iPhone 4S for $210, and with the $50 rebate I basically ended up getting paid $10 to take the S5 from Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Di View Post
    Depending on the phone you're trading in, that may not be the best deal. I traded in my iPhone 4S for $210, and with the $50 rebate I basically ended up getting paid $10 to take the S5 from Verizon
    Where did you trade it in?

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5

Yes it depends on what phone you have. They will only give $20 for my Galaxsy S2, not $100, so take their "deal" with a grain of salt. It isn't guaranteed.

I traded my HTC Rezound that normally would get me $9 at Target and they gave me $100 for it. The HTC was just sitting at home as I was using an S4. It was worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zerrisk View Post
    Where did you trade it in?

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5
    Traded mine in at my Verizon store.

I'm with AT&T, switched to the Next/Mobile share from my 2 year contract...what ever they call it. Cost me less than $85, didn't have to trade in a phone and my monthly bill is the same. I wasn't even eligible for an upgrade until September, don't know if the employee made a mistake some where or not, I figured it would have cost me more.

I got lucky and got mine for $121 total two months early of my contact end date. I was stunned. I just got a good att rep. When I called about a week or two earlier the rep quote me $299 for the early upgrade which wasn't worth it to not just wait. I was bored and figured if I tried again and got a USA based rep maybe things would be different and now I have my S5. Last rep sounded like he was actually in India, hence why I mention it. I of course didn't push to ask why it was $100 less than a new subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    and to think I just paid $599.99 plus tax from Verizon
    I wish they were that cheap in Ireland, I paid 629 (USD $870) for mine the other day from Three, ouch

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I had been contemplating trading in my S4 for the S5 and had been shopping the various deals/trade ins for Verizon. Walked into a Target last week and just happened to see their weekly flyer posted on the wall as I entered. It was a large ad advertising the S5 for $99 after the $100 rebate. The salesperson said it would be a cash rebate applied towards the purchase of the phone, not a store gift card that you may or may not get at the time of trade in (receive in the mail after the fact).
    I had him run my S4 and it came back with an offer of $137. That sealed it for me. For $75.49 I walked out with my new S5.
    Rev2010 likes this.