Verizon?s Galaxy S5 plagued with huge bug that has no fix - Yahoo story

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hard to take this guy seriously when he equates "several users" complaining on forums to a "huge bug." When a company mass produces millions of devices, a certain number of failures are to be expected. Google "sample bias." You only read about the failures because the millions of people with functioning phones don't all post on message boards about how they're not having problems.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 5S also has a huge problem on ALL carriers. The screen is only 4 inches wide.

The good news is that there is a fix - you have to buy an iPhone 6 later this year, or next year, depending on the rumors.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
BGR reported - not Yahoo - the XDA thread has a few replies with a handful of members saying it is an 'issue'

edit: doesn't seem to be very widespread - nothing other than the link to the same article on the VZW forum at all

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Once I saw who wrote that turd of an article I didn't even need to read it. BGR is nothing but link bait. They all kneel at the alter of jobs over there anything Apple is gospel and any other OS or mfg is the devil.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5S also has a huge problem on ALL carriers. The screen is only 4 inches wide.

The good news is that there is a fix - you have to buy an iPhone 6 later this year, or next year, depending on the rumors.

It's actually 4" diagonally

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey kiddos, I'm not all that worked up. I'd just rather know sooner rather than later if this device has a major issue as I still have a few days to back out of my upgrade and wait on something new.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey kiddos, I'm not all that worked up. I'd just rather know sooner rather than later if this device has a major issue as I still have a few days to back out of my upgrade and wait on something new.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Meh. I'm not worried. Maybe the camera unit does have a hardware issue. If it does, and it happens to me, then I'll simply get VZW to fork over a new phone. Just like ANY product I buy, I expect the manufacturer or the reseller (possibly both) to be responsible for as-shipped issues.

Mark

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have used my camera a ton and I have and had zero problems. Probably taken over a thousand pictures already. Again, this article was written by a known Apple fanboys. I guess they forgot about all the problems iOS7 caused, and the other issues iPhones have. iPhone users seem to think their phones are a perfect work of art, when in fact they have just as many problems as other Smartphones. They think there are more, well because I guess technically there is or could be, because Android is used across more brands and phones which equals more issues. Of course they are going to try and disclaim a phone that takes away the only advantage they had left, the camera.

And yes, I have the Verizon version.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there an issue with certain devices where the camera fails, yes. Is Verizon and Samsung aware of it, yes. Are they doing something about it, yes. They will replace the phone if the camera fails under warranty. Its possible due to the demands of the camera module during mfg that some were botched, its not Samsung's fault per se its a mfg issue and for me I will wait a month or so and see how things improve and perhaps the GS5 32GB will arrive in that time, either on AT&T or Verizon I could care less so long as I get it. I do suspect AT&T will offer it first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance