Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Abbott
  • 2 Post By jonebk12
  • 2 Post By Netherscourge
  • 1 Post By Raptor007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizonís Galaxy S5 plagued with huge bug that has no fix - Yahoo story

Is this really a problem or over reporting?

Many eager Samsung fans who finally got their hands on the companyís latest and greatest after months of leaks and rumors have been greeted with an unpleasant surprise: A huge bug in Verizonís version of the Galaxy S5 is rendering the deviceís camera completely unusable, and it has no known fix.

Verizon’s Galaxy S5 plagued with huge bug that has no fix

Default Re: Verizonís Galaxy S5 plagued with huge bug that has no fix - Yahoo story

That dude is a huge iphone fanboy.
    Jon Jackson likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Verizonís Galaxy S5 plagued with huge bug that has no fix - Yahoo story

seems like everyone at yahoo is.

Hard to take this guy seriously when he equates "several users" complaining on forums to a "huge bug." When a company mass produces millions of devices, a certain number of failures are to be expected. Google "sample bias." You only read about the failures because the millions of people with functioning phones don't all post on message boards about how they're not having problems.
    GrooveRite and tomothy94 like this.

I think this is a hardware problem, not a software problem.

The iPhone 5S also has a huge problem on ALL carriers. The screen is only 4 inches wide.

The good news is that there is a fix - you have to buy an iPhone 6 later this year, or next year, depending on the rumors.
    Thanked by 2:
    mcm180 and NJMama like this.

BGR reported - not Yahoo - the XDA thread has a few replies with a handful of members saying it is an 'issue'

edit: doesn't seem to be very widespread - nothing other than the link to the same article on the VZW forum at all
    Last edited by GeekNews; 04-23-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Once I saw who wrote that turd of an article I didn't even need to read it. BGR is nothing but link bait. They all kneel at the alter of jobs over there anything Apple is gospel and any other OS or mfg is the devil.
    Thanked by 2:
    GrooveRite likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    The iPhone 5S also has a huge problem on ALL carriers. The screen is only 4 inches wide.

The good news is that there is a fix - you have to buy an iPhone 6 later this year, or next year, depending on the rumors.
    It's actually 4" diagonally

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

This is apparently a real issue. I'm getting a bit nervous about my Verizon S5. Going to try and use the camera a bunch over the weekend.

Global Posts
    4,595 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    This is apparently a real issue. I'm getting a bit nervous about my Verizon S5. Going to try and use the camera a bunch over the weekend.
    It's nothing to get worked up about.

No need to get nervous. The article is fatalistic.

Hey kiddos, I'm not all that worked up. I'd just rather know sooner rather than later if this device has a major issue as I still have a few days to back out of my upgrade and wait on something new.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Hey kiddos, I'm not all that worked up. I'd just rather know sooner rather than later if this device has a major issue as I still have a few days to back out of my upgrade and wait on something new.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Meh. I'm not worried. Maybe the camera unit does have a hardware issue. If it does, and it happens to me, then I'll simply get VZW to fork over a new phone. Just like ANY product I buy, I expect the manufacturer or the reseller (possibly both) to be responsible for as-shipped issues.

Mark

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

My wife's phone did this the other day, but I closed the camera app, restarted it, and all was fine

Bugs can be fixed. It will take half your life, but it can eventually be done. Defects might be another story.
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999
    Android4life

I have used my camera a ton and I have and had zero problems. Probably taken over a thousand pictures already. Again, this article was written by a known Apple fanboys. I guess they forgot about all the problems iOS7 caused, and the other issues iPhones have. iPhone users seem to think their phones are a perfect work of art, when in fact they have just as many problems as other Smartphones. They think there are more, well because I guess technically there is or could be, because Android is used across more brands and phones which equals more issues. Of course they are going to try and disclaim a phone that takes away the only advantage they had left, the camera.

And yes, I have the Verizon version.

. .

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Is there an issue with certain devices where the camera fails, yes. Is Verizon and Samsung aware of it, yes. Are they doing something about it, yes. They will replace the phone if the camera fails under warranty. Its possible due to the demands of the camera module during mfg that some were botched, its not Samsung's fault per se its a mfg issue and for me I will wait a month or so and see how things improve and perhaps the GS5 32GB will arrive in that time, either on AT&T or Verizon I could care less so long as I get it. I do suspect AT&T will offer it first.