Is anyone getting any lag or lockups?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I am still trying to decide between this and the M8. I will go back to the store again soon to play with them both, but is lag an issue like I have read about or seen in some of the comparisons? If it is, can it be eliminated by installing a different launcher?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have TouchWiz disabled. I use Apex Launcher and I don't experience any lag whatsoever.

I am still trying to decide between this and the M8. I will go back to the store again soon to play with them both, but is lag an issue like I have read about or seen in some of the comparisons? If it is, can it be eliminated by installing a different launcher?

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't see any lag yet while using my S5. If you do experince lag while using TW you can easily just switch to another launcher like Nova, Apex, Themer, and many others.

Warcony

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Haven't experienced any lag, lockups, crashes or freezes. Been using my s5 for 6 days with TW. What I recommend is disable or set animations to x0.5 in the Dev options, makes things even quicker.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Started with an m8 - tried the s5 after for a couple days. Couldn't stand it. So slow compared to the m8. Also my screen wouldn't turn on for roughly 5 minutes the morning after I bought it. Even though the phone was on. Rubbed me the wrong way. Back on the m8. Won't look back.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a waking the screen lag. Have been using TW and Google Now launcher and it does it on both. Not so much if I turn the screen off then back on immediately but if its been off for a bit, takes about a second for the screen to react.

Posted via Android Central App

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
For those experiencing lag, how many apps do you have on your phone and what are your settings? Don't get how you guys have lag lol.

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I am definitely getting lags occasionally when turning on the screen. Sometimes my screen won't come on for 30 seconds. Had happened several times, but too early for me too figure out a pattern or root cause. At least twice it had happened after my phone went into"car mode" so possibly something to do with that or maybe s-voice? Will keep monitoring and of course reading threads here to try to figure out what's going on.

Posted via Android Central App

talyler

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have most of the bloatware disabled and only a few apps on my phone. I only download apps that don't require crazy permissions or run a lot of processes in the background.

I definitely notice lag. None of this 5 minute lag people speak of, but it takes the phone about 2-3 seconds to switch between tasks. For example if i'm browsing the web on chrome, and I get a text message. It takes the phone about 3 seconds to open up the text message. Also the camera always seems to lag for me. If I try to open the camera quick to capture something that just happened, I usually miss my opportunity because of the delay. It's very minor lag, but my iPhone was instant with everything...so i'm readjusting.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have most of the bloatware disabled and only a few apps on my phone. I only download apps that don't require crazy permissions or run a lot of processes in the background.

I definitely notice lag. None of this 5 minute lag people speak of, but it takes the phone about 2-3 seconds to switch between tasks. For example if i'm browsing the web on chrome, and I get a text message. It takes the phone about 3 seconds to open up the text message. Also the camera always seems to lag for me. If I try to open the camera quick to capture something that just happened, I usually miss my opportunity because of the delay. It's very minor lag, but my iPhone was instant with everything...so i'm readjusting.

Turn animation to .5x or off.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The only lag that I have that is substantial is in the stock email app. I like that they updated the app with swipe to delete, but it takes too long, and then messes up the attempt to open another email or do other things. It is a pain. I imagine it is trying to connect with the server (enterprise), but other similar apps work much quicker and smoother (Nine, etc.).

Brandon Barnes1

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I sometimes get a black screen with the buttons illuminated when I try to wake up my phone. I then have to press the power button to turn the black screen off as if it was on then press it one more time to turn the screen on. This happens quite often.

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith