How long should it take to charge?

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
With a wall A/C charger you should be able to go from nothing to a full charge in no more than 2 - 2 1/2 hours tops with the supplied USB 3 charger.

I have battery doctor i think this skews the time as it tries to manage the charging cycle with a fast charge then trickle then fast etc, so might take a bit longer? I will try it at the wall without batt doc running to see if what you say is true.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have battery doctor i think this skews the time as it tries to manage the charging cycle with a fast charge then trickle then fast etc, so might take a bit longer? I will try it at the wall without batt doc running to see if what you say is true.
Yeah, batter doctor does have that fancy charging circuit. I don't really think that's even necessary as the built-in power management will drop the charge to trickle when a full charge is reached.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, batter doctor does have that fancy charging circuit. I don't really think that's even necessary as the built-in power management will drop the charge to trickle when a full charge is reached.

yea agree, shame i rather it charged in 2hrs than 3-3.5hrs! i don't think you can turn that batt doctor management off without turning off/disabling the app, bit of a pain.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
yea agree, shame i rather it charged in 2hrs than 3-3.5hrs! i don't think you can turn that batt doctor management off without turning off/disabling the app, bit of a pain.

A bit OT but have you tried Green Power? I went back and forth between battery doctor, juice defender and green power and ultimately found green power to be the easiest and most effective. You may want to give it a try and see what you think.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
A bit OT but have you tried Green Power? I went back and forth between battery doctor, juice defender and green power and ultimately found green power to be the easiest and most effective. You may want to give it a try and see what you think.

I haven't no, will dload and try, thanks. To be honest i only use batt doctor over juice defender coz i like the widgets and the notification bar.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
will try...on USB right now started at 65% now at 70% - only 5% in 50mins

will plug into wall and see if there is a difference

***UPDATE***
wall charging was fast as one would expect 25% in about 30 mins. What does this mean for USB charging then???

USB charging from a PC is always slower. The PC will not give the phone as much power as the wall charger.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
With Battery Doctor disabled it took 1.5hrs to charge from 30% instead of 3.5hrs from the wall charger and i thought it was a decent app!

It's now deleted and green power installed instead, thanks psycho. A batt app shouldn't slow down the charging time that much no matter what its best intentions are.

DumDee2

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
using watt meter with samsung 2.0 charger the s5 was pulling 1.77amps with usb 3.0 cable and 1.76amps with a usb2.0 so barely any difference.

So theoretically it should take 95 mins to charge s5 from 0 -100%. But we all know the phone starts to slow down charging after 75-80% reducing amps.

other results:
using samsung 1.0 charger both usb3.0 and 2.0 pulled 1.03 amps
anker qc 2.0 battery pack amps kept bouncing between 1.62-1.72 amps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084