Camera and video icons missing

Bandon1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

First post and a first time smart phone user since buying my S5 a few days ago.

I seem to have some things missing from the camera and video, in any reviews I've read or watched on YouTube, when it gets to talking about the camera, there's always a cog in the upper left hand corner of the screen when the camera is turned on, clicking that cog opens up another menu with a loads of extra controls for shooting video etc, does anyone know how to get the cog showing on my camera?

Something else I noticed, after turning the camera on, if I click on the "mode" button, it lists just 3 modes, "auto", "beauty face" and "panorama", again, in all the reviews I've seen, there are several more options showing than just those 3, I don't know why these things aren't showing on my phone, any idea? Thanks.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi keyzlife,

By carrier, I assume you mean my mobile providor? If so, it's Three here in Ireland.

Yes. Sometimes different providers have different variants. Not sure in that one. Anyone with the same carrier having the same issue?

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Bandon1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Xzibit3,

You'll have to forgive me, I'm completely new to phones and I'm a technophobe with anything tech related like this.

I've only owned a basic €20 mobile phone back before in 2010, and another one given to me back in 1997, so, as far as smart phones are concerned, I have no idea about anything techy like modes, what exactly do you mean by modes? What are modes and what sort to download?

Last edited:

Bandon1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@ keyzlife,

Thanks, that's not something I'd be aware of about different variants by different carriers.

I thought all phones are the same, how does a different carrier make a difference to what shows on any particular phone, I can't get my head round that one, because to my non techy mind mind, stuff that's in the phone is in the phone, so I can't see why one carrier would affect a phone, whereas another carrier won't :confused:

Last edited:

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
There shouldn't be any difference on the camera but they do vary sometimes from carrier to carrier. My US T-Mobile has all of the options and icons.

Bandon1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@ keyzlife,

Ok, hopefully it'll be something else other than the carrier I'm with that's causing my problem, as the extra things in the cog menu for the video and camera are what I wanted to use most on the phone, so I'm a bit annoyed that the option to use them isn't there. The only other thing I can think of is, maybe it's something to do with me disabling loads of apps in the management bit of the phone, but I can't see anything camera related in there that I disabled.

Last edited:

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I would go back to the store if possible and see if the demo phones have the option. If not it may be that you just have a software flaw.

Bandon1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@ keyzlife

The camera problem is now fixed :)

I looked on Google previously and didn't see anything related to my problem, I had another look today and spotted a post on another forum where someone had the same problem, they found the solution, which was to do with their phone being in easy mode, so the solution was, go to settings >> easy mode, untick camera and click done, now the settings cog and everything else works on the camera :)

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
@ keyzlife

The camera problem is now fixed :)

I looked on Google previously and didn't see anything related to my problem, I had another look today and spotted a post on another forum where someone who had the same problem, they found the solution, which was to do with their phone being in easy mode, so the solution was, go to settings >> easy mode, untick camera and click done, now the settings cog and everything else works on the camera :)

Excellent! Great to hear. Enjoy, these things take great pictures! Uploaded this from my Note but it was taken with my S5.
avy6a4us.jpg

Bandon1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@ keyzlife,

Nice photo, that's probably as good as the photos my digital camera would take take, so it's pretty good for a phone camera.

I took a few test photos the other day, they seemed to be pretty good, then the following day, I noticed I hadn't even taken off the bit of plastic covering the lens, so they're even clearer now with the plastic off lol, I'm looking forward to using the camera and video setting a lot when I'm blogging about gardening stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2