Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SrirachaKing20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Earphones Section of Notification Panel

Hey guys, I just had a quick question about the S5 when you put earphones in the earphone jack. The notification bar pops up with "earphones connected" and then when you swipe down, you see a section of quick apps you can select to use your headphones with. I primarily use my headphones with Google Play Music, which is not one of the option, and I have it automatically bring up the app with Automaker as it is. I was curious if there was a way to disable that bar of app options that comes up on the notification panel. I didn't have it on my Galaxy S3, and I would actually prefer if it wasn't there. It's not a huge inconvenience, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to dismiss it somehow.

Thanks for the help

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Default Re: Earphones Section of Notification Panel

This would be helpful with my S4 as well. I get the same thing.

Sorry, I can't help....I haven't actually thought about having the option to remove it until now.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

My S4 and Note 3 show Play Music in that quick bar. It fills with apps you use when you plug the headphones in. Try launching it a couple of times after plugging in headphones and you may see it there.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was actually wondering if that would happen. It hasn't happened yet, and I've used Play Music probably every other day since I got the phone on release. Maybe I'll have to be a little more patient and it will be there. But what bothers me is that it doesn't go away even after I'm using an app for the headphones. I'd just like an option to hide it once I'm actually using the headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by SrirachaKing20 View Post
    Hey guys, I just had a quick question about the S5 when you put earphones in the earphone jack. The notification bar pops up with "earphones connected" and then when you swipe down, you see a section of quick apps you can select to use your headphones with. I primarily use my headphones with Google Play Music, which is not one of the option, and I have it automatically bring up the app with Automaker as it is. I was curious if there was a way to disable that bar of app options that comes up on the notification panel. I didn't have it on my Galaxy S3, and I would actually prefer if it wasn't there. It's not a huge inconvenience, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to dismiss it somehow.

Thanks for the help
    That setting is very hidden. It is in Quick Settings: Notification Panel: Recommended Apps. Then it takes you to a screen that says "earphones", which you can edit.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Go into Settings. Notification Panel > Recommended Apps and you can turn off the Headphone prompt from there.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ah great, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by atishc View Post
    That setting is very hidden. It is in Quick Settings: Notification Panel: Recommended Apps. Then it takes you to a screen that says "earphones", which you can edit.

Posted via Android Central App
    mcm180 likes this.

THANKS GOD FOR FORUMS like THIS ONE
    this notification was driving me absolutely nuts.
    appreciate your help.

You can edit which apps show up in the notification in S5

System - Notification panel - Related Apps (I think the headphones need to be plugged in for this option to show up)