Went back to my iPhone 5s.....

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Every brand seems to have that Achilles heal atm. Fortunately for Samsung and Android users Rooting is relatively easy to do if they choose, or they can even just use a different launcher. However I run Touchwiz and have not experienced the lag issues yet. It could just be I am not as picky. However I almost always eventually root and go to a different launcher.

There is no root for the Verizon or AT&T gs5 and that absolutely sucks. Even if/when one becomes available that doesn't guarantee s-off, which according to what I was reading on XDA and Twitter that probably won't happen on those versions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There is no root for the Verizon or AT&T gs5 and that absolutely sucks. Even if/when one becomes available that doesn't guarantee s-off, which according to what I was reading on XDA and Twitter that probably won't happen on those versions.

Eh someone will figure it out. Might not be as fast as we want, but eventually. Phone has not even been out a week yet. If anything I can just use another launcher. The Google Now Launcher looks nice since I don't use any of the power saving modes. But again I really haven't experienced the TouchWiz lag yet either.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Eh someone will figure it out. Might not be as fast as we want, but eventually. Phone has not even been out a week yet. If anything I can just use another launcher. The Google Now Launcher looks nice since I don't use any of the power saving modes. But again I really haven't experienced the TouchWiz lag yet either.

What do you mean a week, it's been out since April 11th. But nonetheless they need a root so I can install Xposed.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually im pretty sure Windows and Blackberry had the majority of the smartphone market until the iPhone cameout, but even then I don't think Apple took over the majority of it.

Regardless it doesn't really matter much, both OS are good in their own way and neither will go anywhere anytime soon.

But as somebody who uses both and has had his SIM card in the Galaxy s5 for 2 straight weeks I will say the amount of force closes, unexpected quits, and lag on the gs5 is far greater then I have had on any iPhone even running Beta 1 of a new OS. But the screen makes it worth it for now lol.

FYI force closes are mainly bc of the app, not the phone. And I haven't seen lag at all on my S5, lovin it so far.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
FYI force closes are mainly bc of the app, not the phone. And I haven't seen lag at all on my S5, lovin it so far.

I know, but the fact I have had so many force closes from apps is bothersome. Samsung apps, google apps, 3rd party apps. It doesnt matter. I had none of these issues with the Moto X or m8 so leads me to believe its a Samsung issue.

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually im pretty sure Windows and Blackberry had the majority of the smartphone market until the iPhone cameout, but even then I don't think Apple took over the majority of it.

Regardless it doesn't really matter much, both OS are good in their own way and neither will go anywhere anytime soon.

But as somebody who uses both and has had his SIM card in the Galaxy s5 for 2 straight weeks I will say the amount of force closes, unexpected quits, and lag on the gs5 is far greater then I have had on any iPhone even running Beta 1 of a new OS. But the screen makes it worth it for now lol.
No lag on my S5, still have no clue what people are talking about there, my home button and multi etc work basically instant and none of this 2 second lag some say. Then others say their Note 3 is fine and no lag but the S5 is laggy, funny, my neighbor has a Note 3 and mines just as responsive as hers so there goes that theory lol. no forcecloses or quits etc. Heck even back on my S2 I had maybe a handful of force closes in 3 years and no issues rooted/rom'd. Had iPhones since they came out and have had way more issues with freezing, random glitches, restarting, odd hanging/lags here and there (actually our 4S/5/5S were all replaced twice, my old 3GS was the only one that didn't really have issues). Go figure.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I know, but the fact I have had so many force closes from apps is bothersome. Samsung apps, google apps, 3rd party apps. It doesnt matter. I had none of these issues with the Moto X or m8 so leads me to believe its a Samsung issue.

Try a reset. I'm not getting any of that.... Probably user error or something along those lines.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I have yet to experience any of these issues on my phone. Not one force close. I own 2 S5s, one is for work and one is my personal. It might be an isolated thing. Sounds like a corrupt file somewhere in the software if you are experiencing force closes from basically all sources.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyway in my country it's not an issue as most mobile plans offers unlimited SMS count. So iMessage is unnecessary, but if that's not your case so then I agree iMessage is convenient. But statistically I think most people that have smartphone also have WhatsApp installed.

Everyone of my friends has a smartphone and none have that installed.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No lag on my S5, still have no clue what people are talking about there, my home button and multi etc work basically instant and none of this 2 second lag some say. Then others say their Note 3 is fine and no lag but the S5 is laggy, funny, my neighbor has a Note 3 and mines just as responsive as hers so there goes that theory lol. no forcecloses or quits etc. Heck even back on my S2 I had maybe a handful of force closes in 3 years and no issues rooted/rom'd. Had iPhones since they came out and have had way more issues with freezing, random glitches, restarting, odd hanging/lags here and there (actually our 4S/5/5S were all replaced twice, my old 3GS was the only one that didn't really have issues). Go figure.

I don't get it either. I've used the original galaxy note (laggy), S3 (no lag), S4 (no Lag), Note 3 (no lag).

Samsung phones have not been laggy since 2011! This is an old myth that is still around.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it either. I've used the original galaxy note (laggy), S3 (no lag), S4 (no Lag), Note 3 (no lag).

Samsung phones have not been laggy since 2011! This is an old myth that is still around.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

I think it is a matter of perception. Some are more sensitive to stutters or lag. I personally don't believe my Note 3 lags, but another person using my phone may think differently.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

Last edited:

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Held my iPhone 5 in my hand last night and I must admit, I really miss the size and feel of that phone. But overall I am still really happy with my S5, but I knew the size would take a lot of getting used too.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The thing about Samsung I really appreciate is that they generally don't leave their customers feeling that their specs don't measure up. I know that it has become popular to focus more on software optimization, but I still like to see killer specs too. With Samsung, you know you are going to get one of the biggest screens, with the highest resolution, with a huge removable battery, fingerprint scanners, heart rate monitors, high MP count cameras, and micro SD card slot. The software is going to be feature rich. Yes, they might be gimmicky and there may be some lag, but there are going to be a ton of features packed into the device. I have loved every iPhone I have owned, but the Specs leave a lot to be desired. The iPhone screen is still sub 720 p. The first Android device that had a 720 p screen that I can remember was the HTC Rezound. That was about 3 years ago and the iPhone hasn't caught up yet. The first Samsung Galaxy smartphone had a 4 inch screen. There have been 4 more since then and the iPhone still has only managed a 4inch screen. Still a dual core processor, still a small battery, still a single digit MP count on the camera. Again, I have always loved the experience of using an iPhone, but come on. Seeing how other flagship phones are spec'd stings.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have always loved the experience of using an iPhone

And that is the opinion of hundreds of millions of people. Specs are great, and high-end Androids are great, but a lot of people like the iPhone experience. It is good that we now have 3 great OS's to choose from.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It's funny to say apple has never led in market share.

...apple is one manufacturer. Android has 5732 manufacturers. I would say apple is leading in market share. Lol.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It's funny to say apple has never led in market share.

...apple is one manufacturer. Android has 5732 manufacturers. I would say apple is leading in market share. Lol.

But it's not. Samsung is, by a large margin. Even smartphone wise, they outsell ios most places, with the USA being a big exception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37