Wired headsets not working with Galaxy S5
I have a number of wired 2.5mm headsets that I use with other Android based smart phones that have 3.5mm ports (Droid 4 most recently). I use multiple 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, and they have been working fine for all of them.
When I try to use any of my wired headsets with my Samsung Galaxy S5 I hear the audio from the heaset, but other people don't hear my voice from the headset. When I connect the headset it shows as "earphones" everytime, and indeed does work fine as a earphone, but the microphone does not work. I'm wondering if there is a setting I need to change so the S5 sees my wired headset as a device with a microphone and not just headphones.
- 09-25-2014, 11:42 PM #2
- 09-25-2014, 11:49 PM #3
- 301 Posts
Re: Wired headsets not working with Galaxy S5
Do you know if your headphones were originally designed to work on Apple products? I had a similar thing happen when testing some 3-button iphone headphones on an Android. Some things worked, some didn't. Apple came up with their own weird spec for the jacks. Have you tried the earbuds that came with the S5?
- 09-26-2014, 08:43 AM #4
- By C Porter in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 11Last Post: 12-31-2014, 11:36 AM
- By bauer814 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2014, 09:41 AM
- By Rob Davila in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-06-2014, 02:09 PM
- By Timesgodjillion in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-23-2014, 09:23 PM
- By srfoot in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM