Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bad autocorrect for words with apostrophes

S5, US, Verizon unmodified in anyway

Whenever I type a word with an apostrophe (I'll, we'll, Don't etc) the regular on board keyboard corrects it to something like I'I'll we'we'll and don'don't every time. I have, when I've noticed the suggestion appear, attempted to delete these words from the user dictionary but they keep coming back. I can't even find access to the entire user dictionary to delete there, just the suggestion bar.

It's very annoying as I keep getting doubled words when typing fast. Anyone know a fix? It's only happening on apostrophe words and I never "taught" those words to my phone.

It's like it is trying to correct by replacing the correct word's last letter with the entire word.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Bad autocorrect for words with apostrophes

I have this exact same issue with my Galaxy S5 as well, also Verizon. Doubles every word when I type " 's " and hit space. Did you every find a solution?

Default Re: Bad autocorrect for words with apostrophes

Learned a little more which may be of use to you. I thought it could have been an issue with Swipe as I keep Swipe disabled but it also turns itself back on somehow. After turning the Swipe application itself off I ruled that out. I found though that when you type an apostrophe quickly followed by a letter and the space bar the word is duplicated, however if you pause for a second after typing the apostrophe then the word will not be duplicated when you press space. It's very odd, definitely a bug in auto correct. Makes sense that it only happens when you're typing fast.