Bad autocorrect for words with apostrophes
S5, US, Verizon unmodified in anyway
Whenever I type a word with an apostrophe (I'll, we'll, Don't etc) the regular on board keyboard corrects it to something like I'I'll we'we'll and don'don't every time. I have, when I've noticed the suggestion appear, attempted to delete these words from the user dictionary but they keep coming back. I can't even find access to the entire user dictionary to delete there, just the suggestion bar.
It's very annoying as I keep getting doubled words when typing fast. Anyone know a fix? It's only happening on apostrophe words and I never "taught" those words to my phone.
It's like it is trying to correct by replacing the correct word's last letter with the entire word.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-24-2014, 08:17 PM #2
- 07-24-2014, 08:48 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: Bad autocorrect for words with apostrophes
Learned a little more which may be of use to you. I thought it could have been an issue with Swipe as I keep Swipe disabled but it also turns itself back on somehow. After turning the Swipe application itself off I ruled that out. I found though that when you type an apostrophe quickly followed by a letter and the space bar the word is duplicated, however if you pause for a second after typing the apostrophe then the word will not be duplicated when you press space. It's very odd, definitely a bug in auto correct. Makes sense that it only happens when you're typing fast.
- By C Porter in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 11-24-2014, 07:04 AM
- By endoftheline2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2014, 09:43 AM
- By ageyoung24 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 05-14-2014, 07:43 AM
- By ahawkua in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 04-24-2014, 07:04 AM
- By Timesgodjillion in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-23-2014, 10:23 PM