Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Geonews app works quite well

Today around 8:10 pm in BC there was an earthquake near Port Hardy on Vancouver Island and within minutes I had an alert from my Geonews app. It even gave me the option to alert my emergency contact if i were safe or if I needed assistance. It also gave me a link to tips for what to do. I think that is the first time I have truly liked an app that is built in to my Samsung device.
    I am not sure if anyone else has it setup but I recommend using it

Default Re: Geonews app works quite well

Yes, I have it set up also, but haven't gotten any alerts (which is probably a good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by briancook451 View Post
    Today around 8:10 pm in BC there was an earthquake near Port Hardy on Vancouver Island and within minutes I had an alert from my Geonews app. It even gave me the option to alert my emergency contact if i were safe or if I needed assistance. It also gave me a link to tips for what to do. I think that is the first time I have truly liked an app that is built in to my Samsung device.
    I am not sure if anyone else has it setup but I recommend using it
    I noticed that also, even reports for each of the aftershocks.

It worked very well for me , on my S5 and my connected gear2 while I was in Thailand for 5 major earthquakes . However , once I returned home to the USA ( halfway around the world ) It is stuck on Thailand . I have thus far been UN-able to tell the app that I am here , and not on the other side of the planet . Great stuff , but I am stumped on how to make it help me here ---

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CougarRay View Post
    It worked very well for me , on my S5 and my connected gear2 while I was in Thailand for 5 major earthquakes . However , once I returned home to the USA ( halfway around the world ) It is stuck on Thailand . I have thus far been UN-able to tell the app that I am here , and not on the other side of the planet . Great stuff , but I am stumped on how to make it help me here ---
    Manage apps and clear the cache for the app. Might work.

It worked well for me. I got a couple of warnings about earthquakes in Aceh/Sumatra, Indonesia as I am in Singapore.

Posted via Android Central App