Geonews app works quite well

briancook451

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Today around 8:10 pm in BC there was an earthquake near Port Hardy on Vancouver Island and within minutes I had an alert from my Geonews app. It even gave me the option to alert my emergency contact if i were safe or if I needed assistance. It also gave me a link to tips for what to do. I think that is the first time I have truly liked an app that is built in to my Samsung device.
I am not sure if anyone else has it setup but I recommend using it

bimmerdriver

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Today around 8:10 pm in BC there was an earthquake near Port Hardy on Vancouver Island and within minutes I had an alert from my Geonews app. It even gave me the option to alert my emergency contact if i were safe or if I needed assistance. It also gave me a link to tips for what to do. I think that is the first time I have truly liked an app that is built in to my Samsung device.
I am not sure if anyone else has it setup but I recommend using it
I noticed that also, even reports for each of the aftershocks.

CougarRay

May 6, 2014
Visit site
It worked very well for me , on my S5 and my connected gear2 while I was in Thailand for 5 major earthquakes . However , once I returned home to the USA ( halfway around the world ) It is stuck on Thailand . I have thus far been UN-able to tell the app that I am here , and not on the other side of the planet . Great stuff , but I am stumped on how to make it help me here ---

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It worked very well for me , on my S5 and my connected gear2 while I was in Thailand for 5 major earthquakes . However , once I returned home to the USA ( halfway around the world ) It is stuck on Thailand . I have thus far been UN-able to tell the app that I am here , and not on the other side of the planet . Great stuff , but I am stumped on how to make it help me here ---

Manage apps and clear the cache for the app. Might work.

Stephen Nichols

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
In the past 3 weeks, I've been warned by Geo News of 4 Wildfires stretching from 1 miles away, to 13 miles away. I work at a local radio station and contacted city officials as well as the local sheriff and fire departments. There were no such files. The one that was a mile a way was quite literally ON my property in the trees behind my house and there was no smoke or fire. I've gone to investigate for myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs