Samsung s5 Bluetooth won't stay connected to bmw

sweetv625

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have a BMW 650i and my S8+ will not pair with my car. It keeps dropping. All other phones will pair with the car without problems. What can I do?

Tycho Howle1

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
I have a 2012 BMW Activehybrid 7. A few months ago, the car began dropping bluetooth pairings. I would add the phone(Samsung Galaxy Note 5) again and it would drop calls and then the phone wouldn't be listed again. I read on some blog that you could get the problem solved if you signed up for Connected BMW. I started the process and when I input my VIN the webpage said I needed to call the 800 number which I did. There they told me I needed to take my car to a dealer to see if I could have a new part installed. Not a happy camper since we just bought my wife a 2018 750i.

Long story short, saw another post where I was directed to get a software update from the website for my model car. I downloaded it to a thumb drive, inserted in the USB slot, went to settings-software update. 5 minutes later, everything is fine and my confidence in BMW is restored. Don't usually post but this was so aggravating, I thought I had to share what worked for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams