04-25-2017 06:49 AM
- I have a 2012 bmw 5 series. I can pair the phones but after about 2 minutes it losses pairing. I noticed that the phone contacts never download beyond 3 contacts(I have over 1,000) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I called bmw service and they were totally unaware of what to do.
Also media is not supported! When connected texts and music will not show or stream. Does anyone know of a fix for this?04-24-2014 06:03 AM
- This obviously doesnt help you, but I have a 2013 Lexus GS350 and my phone loses pairing (disconnects and automatically) reconnects every few minutes as well. I do not have the concats issue you mentioned though. Also as far as texts go, my car stopped displaying texts and reading them out loud also. But I think this is a android 4.4+ issue. When my S4 was on 4.3, I had no text issues. When it updated to 4.4, text issues started. Since the S5 is also on 4.4.2 I can only assume this is a 4.4 issue.04-24-2014 08:51 AM
- Just for reference I have a 2010 bmw 5 series and have not experienced any problems with Bluetooth connectivity and full transfer of contacts. I don't think mine supports music or texts though since older model/software in car. Will keep an eye on it though.
Posted via Android Central App04-24-2014 09:18 AM
- Similar situation here. I have the UConnect 200 system in my car. I tapped Player / Source / Bluetooth. It started playing music from my Galaxy S5, but not a radio station I was trying to stream. Then the sound stopped and it showed a message that the device had paused the music. I could not even play songs when I left the car on my S5. It took a power down and then power up on the S5 to recover sound.
It did download all my phone numbers from the S5 to the car.04-24-2014 09:55 AM
- I have Lexus ES300H-2013, have same problems, losing connection every minute or so, contacts not transferring at all, now always stops on 305 contact-says failed to transfer. Tried to pair phone with older cars (Bmw535 2010, Lexus LS 2012)woks fine contacts transferring ok . T-Mobile exchanged the phone to a new one-same problem...04-24-2014 04:58 PM
- I have had this problem on my new 2013 X5. I had it with my Samsang Galaxy 4 and I just got a new S5 three days ago and had the problem too. I have spent countless hours at the dealership. They have dowloaded new software and they said it was still not fixed. Samsung knew there was a problem with their other OS software before Kit Kat and said they were going to fix it. I use Gmail and the free version of Outlook for contacts, calendars and email. I tried pairing my husbands IPhone and it worked perfectly so I tried mine again. I actually fixed this myself (I am hoping for good - time will tell) last night. I think if you try this you might be able to fix it and have nothing to lose. I deleted all my contacts as well as my Gmail and Outlook from my phone - SD card and anywhere they might have been. I then re-downloaded only my Gmail and Gmail contacts. I put them on back on my SD card. I DID NOT install Outlook. IT WORKED!!! I have gone out to my car various times to see when I turned off my car and then back on if it still paired and it did. I would also go to BMW of America's website and make sure you have the most recent version of software. Not sure if your car year has a USB drive in it but if it does, you can download the software from your PC, save it to a thumb drive and then update it in your car. If not, you may have to go back to BMW and have them do it for you. I really hope this works for you as I know how frustrating this is. Good luck!!!05-03-2014 08:07 AM
- I have had this problem on my new 2014 X5. I had it with my Samsang Galaxy 4 and I just got a new S5 three days ago and had the problem too. I have spent countless hours at the dealership. They have dowloaded new software and they said it was still not fixed. Samsung knew there was a problem with their other OS software before Kit Kat and said they were going to fix it. I use Gmail and the free version of Outlook for contacts, calendars and email. I tried pairing my husbands IPhone and it worked perfectly so I tried mine again. I actually fixed this myself (I am hoping for good - time will tell) last night. I think if you try this you might be able to fix it and have nothing to lose. I deleted all my contacts as well as my Gmail and Outlook from my phone - SD card and anywhere they might have been. I then re-downloaded only my Gmail and Gmail contacts. I put them on back on my SD card. I DID NOT install Outlook. IT WORKED!!! I have gone out to my car various times to see when I turned off my car and then back on if it still paired and it did. I would also go to BMW of America's website and make sure you have the most recent version of software. Not sure if your car year has a USB drive in it but if it does, you can download the software from your PC, save it to a thumb drive and then update it in your car. If not, you may have to go back to BMW and have them do it for you. I really hope this works for you as I know how frustrating this is. Good luck!!!05-03-2014 08:20 AM
- I have a '13 bmw X3 and recently switched from a BB Q10 to the S5.
All contacts transfer over but now emails are not available in the office app but text messages work fine. This is frustrating as it was nice to be able to stay up to date on emails while in the car. It worked fine on the BB.
Anyone else figure out how to transfer email by BT from a S5 to your bimmer?
tx05-14-2014 08:01 PM
- Hey there, I'm having the same issue with my 2013 gs350 ,my new samsung s5 connects then disconnects automatically every few minutes ,it does that for both music & phone use .
I must say after doing my research by going to the lexus dealership twice (wasted my time with the so called " tech specialist ") ,going to the sprint store twice,calling samsung over 4 times.
I just read ur post & looks like u know what's the deal with it better then the specialists.
For who ever that has the same issue.... Lexus is working on an update for the samsung s5 ,they say about 6 months ,...unbelievable !
Does anyone know a hack or a knockoff program for this issue for the time being till lexus figures this silly problem out?
Thx06-03-2014 09:49 AM
- Maybe this will help some people. I have a 2014 GS350 and an SG4 that would connect and disconnect. I had a SG3 that connected with no problem. I backed up the emails and messages on the SG3 to my backup app and restored that backup to my SG4. I looked at the phone screen and noticed the message button would grey out and I would lose the bluetooth connection. I figured the issue was with my backed up messages. I deleted all the text messages on the phone and now it stays connected. I haven't had a problem in 3 weeks06-03-2014 11:44 AM
- I have a 2014 Camry Hybrid and I just updated to the S5 on Sprint (previously had the EVO 4G LTE also on Sprint) and I am having the same issues with the Bluetooth... the phone will initially connect, but then I receive messages pretty much every minute or so that say "phone disconnected," "portable player disconnected," then "phone connected," "portable player connected." It drops calls if I get a call in my car and answer thru the Bluetooth system because it disconnects. It also does this with Pandora, it will be playing fine and then disconnect and totally screws up the app program in the car at the same time.
When I first got the phone, I was all excited to pair it with my car because I thought I would now be able to get text messages read out to me. I tried it in the parking lot with a friend and it worked great. But I only drove home that night and I was really close to the store. The next day I tried out the car mode on the phone to see what that was about and it drove me nuts and screwed up the regular Bluetooth in the car so I disabled the car mode. After that, I get the constant disconnect and reconnect. I wonder if the car mode somehow screwed things up?
I have unpaired and repaired and turned off the phone, pulled out the battery, etc. to no avail. I called the service center and they said that the S5 hasn't been tested with the system yet and there was no patch yet. Toyota Entune support told me that it was the first time he had heard of an issue with the S5 connection, even though it hadn't been tested yet.
My next call is to Sprint and / or Samsung to see if there is anything that they can do.06-05-2014 11:58 AM
- Just to update... I found another thread with a workaround that did actually work for me:
Samsung Galaxy S5 bluetooth issue
I cleared the cache, unpaired and then repaired my S5 with the car and when it asked about transferring messages, I said no. I still had it transfer all the contacts and call history. So far I haven't had the issue of disconnecting and reconnecting and I drove around for a while afterwards to test it. It's unfortunate not to be able to use the message feature, but it had already stopped working so no huge loss right now. Hopefully they can fix it with subsequent updates and I will eventually be able to use all the available features.06-14-2014 12:48 PM
- I have a 2011 535 and my GS5. BT connects when I start up the car, but in order to use Spotify, I have to open the app and push play. Then I can use iDrive control for about 5-10 min, but after that I have to wake up my phone and "start up" the Spotify app again, even though the music is still playing. I'm wondering if, like a previous poster, that this is due to me monkeying around with the car mode. I stopped using that mode as I found that it only would control the Samsung music app. Any suggestions?07-10-2014 01:11 PM
- I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (it's worked issues, I can only upgrade they let me). Previously I had a 2013 Ford Edge and a 2012 Ford Mustang. I sold both and got a 2015 Lexus RX350. When I first got the truck it worked perfectly. I had an update around 7/1(ish) and since then my bluetooth has never worked again (disconnects, reconnects, etc). Can't use it. Infuriating.08-06-2014 06:54 PM
- Hello all
I spent about 3 days researching the entire internet for this same issue and I didn't find a reliable solution. I was about to return my S5 phone for a S4 which worked and then I found the solution. THere is a bluetooth time out setting in the S5 version. By default the timeout is 2 min...no wonder it would drop after that... so change the setting to Never time out and the phone now is working as expected. I just want to share it as this issue was driving me crazy.08-13-2014 11:29 AM
- I tried changing the time out on the S5 and it does not fix the problem.
Someone one on another forum used something called cyanogenmod on their previous Samsung phone to enable blue tooth integration with BMW.
Anyone else have a solution to the annoying BT/BMW integration?08-22-2014 08:52 AM
- I'm about to upgrade to android from IOS. I have heard a lot about this issue. I talked with the sales guy at ATT and he assured me it will. I told him as soon as I get there he's going out to my car and make it work or I'm not upgrading. My iPhone always works and I never worry about it. This just seems like such a basic requirement these days. Should be fun08-22-2014 12:14 PM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 10-22-2014, 01:29 PM
- By rvsw in forum HTC One XReplies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2014, 02:26 AM
- By MuziTao1126 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2014, 02:09 AM
- By jimbo1mcm in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2014, 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD