Dying for another visual voicemail app

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot or not, but since I have an S5 here goes. :p

I deal with the "AT&T Messages" texting app b/c it's the only one with visual voicemail (vvm) functionality (that I know of).

Does anyone know of any other vvm apps that work with ATT?

lesleyhoenig

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on verizon and haven't even attempted using the Verizon Visual Voicemail because it's a lot easier to just install google voice and use that. It works great.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
AT&T also has a standalone visual voicemail app in the play store. It does not require that you use their texting/messages service as a default.

Posted via Android Central App

lesleyhoenig

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
No, you do not have to port your number (though you will get an option of also having a google voice number). You essentially set up your phone to forward to google voice, then it will act as your voice mail provider and you can then have google voice notify you of new voice mails, read transcriptions of the voice mails (albeit sometimes not the best transcriptions) and listen to them from the app, or from the call log (if you opt to integrate it into your call log). There is a widget that allows you to review your voicemails from the homescreen. And if you happen to be nowhere near your phone, you can always go to the google voice website to check your voice mail. I hear tell this will eventually be integrated into hangouts, so it probably wouldn't make much sense to use it for text messaging at this point in time since hangouts is already doing that.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Until 3 weeks ago, before I moved to T-Mobile, first thing I always did when getting a new Android was to remove ATT Messages app and install ATT Visual Voicemail.

I'm not sure if this is in the right spot or not, but since I have an S5 here goes. :p

I deal with the "AT&T Messages" texting app b/c it's the only one with visual voicemail (vvm) functionality (that I know of).

Does anyone know of any other vvm apps that work with ATT?

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the att visual voicemail app. Doesn't require me to use there texting app.

Posted via Android Central App

Interesting. If I designate the ATT app as my messaging app (first), then try to open another messenger app, the phone will always ask if I want to change the default messaging app. Do you experience this or are you not being asked?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney