File moving problem please help

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I can select a whole folder for a movie and move it to sd but once its in the sd storage it says cannot play file when all the files are clearly moved. If anyone encountered this problem please help

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, could you tell me one thing how are you able to move the movie to the SD card as far as I know S5 is coming with KitKat and in it the memory card is only in the readable mode not in the write mode ??? So ..... ??

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, could you tell me one thing how are you able to move the movie to the SD card as far as I know S5 is coming with KitKat and in it the memory card is only in the readable mode not in the write mode ??? So ..... ??
Not true, some applications would let you move them to the SD card while other wont. In any event i just moved bunch of pictures and videos to the SD card through the PC and moved other through the app itself.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Not true, some applications would let you move them to the SD card while other wont. In any event i just moved bunch of pictures and videos to the SD card through the PC and moved other through the app itself.

Which app you are using to do that, I would really be a help for me because on my device Its just not possible I can't move the pictures or songs in memory card in fact the data stored in the memory card is only in the read only mode. :'(

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Which app you are using to do that, I would really be a help for me because on my device Its just not possible I can't move the pictures or songs in memory card in fact the data stored in the memory card is only in the read only mode. :'(

Use the stock app My Files to move file to/from device/SD card. It has read/write permissions.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

And if you root you can fix this Kit Kat sd card writing issue with a simple app from the market in a few seconds. (Link in another thread on this forum) But if your unrooted you have to use the stock "my files" which is a system app, to write and move files to sd card.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I can select a whole folder for a movie and move it to sd but once its in the sd storage it says cannot play file when all the files are clearly moved. If anyone encountered this problem please help

Plus, I don't know what video file your trying to play, but you might need a third party video app like "mx player" to play certain video files.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If you are transfering video files from a Windows PC to your SD card on the phone, you should make sure it is connected as a media device. Then when you try to move video files, it will ask you if you want to just copy or "convert and copy". Convert and copy will convert a variety of file types to be able to play on your phone (I have tried with *.mov and *.wmv files, but I don't know all the file types that work).

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I apologize everybody I took very long to reply. The files I am downloading are just simple movie files that store in my gallery to play. I am using the my files app to transfer from device to sd and I make sure I move every file to sd just in case something is missing in order to play the file. My issue is once I download the file, it's playable but I don't want all that memory on my device so I store it to sd but once the files are moved(large files btw 1-3gb) using my files app the file will not play. I try to move it back to device and it still says cannot play video

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Could be the file was errored in transfer. Is the file still the same original size?

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Movie files have to be mp4, that is why atishc said that when you transfer from pc to sd card they should be converted and copied in order to play on your phone.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Try using App manager III, in the google store. A lot easier moving files to SD card.