Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 - First Samsung

Afternoon All

After moving from the dark side of an I Phone i now have my new Samsung Galaxy S5 which is awesome however i need help on a few things please.........

1. How do i assign a ringtone to a contact? Say the GF calls how do i get it to ring " Lord Vadar`s entrance music" or "Sexy Back" if she had her way lol

2. Emails - i set up my email account but unlike the i phone where i could create sub folders - IE Bills, Mortgage, Job folders etc all my emails are in the Inbox - is this just the way it is???

Any help appreciate folks

Matt

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - First Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by ashwood68 View Post
    Afternoon All

After moving from the dark side of an I Phone i now have my new Samsung Galaxy S5 which is awesome however i need help on a few things please.........

1. How do i assign a ringtone to a contact? Say the GF calls how do i get it to ring " Lord Vadar`s entrance music" or "Sexy Back" if she had her way lol

2. Emails - i set up my email account but unlike the i phone where i could create sub folders - IE Bills, Mortgage, Job folders etc all my emails are in the Inbox - is this just the way it is???

Any help appreciate folks

Matt
    go to the contact, edit , its there on the bottom to change ringtone
    don't use folders here, sorry

to do "folders" setup "labels" use the gmail app instead of the "mail" app, never understood why there are two, always have been, on every android device I've used. log in to gmail on your computer is the easiest way to do it, go to settings, labels, and create new labels. you can then create rules to "auto-assign" a label to an incoming email, like outlook rules, if you are familiar with them. I think google used "labels" to be different and for IP issues

Quote Originally Posted by finndo77 View Post
    to do "folders" setup "labels" use the gmail app instead of the "mail" app, never understood why there are two, always have been, on every android device I've used. log in to gmail on your computer is the easiest way to do it, go to settings, labels, and create new labels. you can then create rules to "auto-assign" a label to an incoming email, like outlook rules, if you are familiar with them. I think google used "labels" to be different and for IP issues
    Most people use the email app for work email that have Microsoft Exchange or from the corporate servers. And gmail for Gmail. My company IT I had to give permission so they could wipe my phone if there was a threat, they never did but I quit there anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

makes sense, I just used the label system to separate everything, since my old company used gmail (internal version) I had it all going through the gmail app. the problem I had was the email app auto pulled my gmail account also, so not sure how well that works, but I guess it does, I didn't try hard, but the only way I could get it to stop was to remove my account from the phone completely, and that was just silly... it also was back before eclair came out...